mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Something Wicked: Six Hours of Cathedral Pines

Just registered for this year's race, very excited about it too. Aside from a couple of Muddy Buddy events, this will be my first real race. Definitely going to be heading out to CP often and riding as much as I can to prepare. Anyone else participating, have any feedback from previous events?

mtbr member
    hey stray--do some training at ES to get really strong for your event.
    Just ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Stray, I've done this race every year so far and it's a blast. Good trail + good people= good time. Only a few short burners and plenty of time to recover, good for a 6hr race. You got the right idea put on the miles. Road, trails whatever helps. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Sounds great, thanks for the feedback/encouragement. Really looking forward to this.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    CP has great flow and is fast. I Trail Patroled the First 2 races. From M y experiance, most people had a lot of fun (But how could they not....its CP)

My suggestion is to put in miles.....Lots of miles.
    Double loops at RP or Multiple loops at CP

Set a goal and a pace. Most people do around 5 laps where the strong riders are up to 8.
    Just remember you must do start your last lap before the 6hr mark, so if you start lap 6 at 5h 59mins your sixth lap counts.
    Enjoy and best of luck

mtbr member
    Ooh, I may do this one. Heard great things.

mtbr member
    I've done all the Wicked races so far and the one thing you MUST get a handle on is hydration/nutrition.
    Putting in the miles is extremely important, but if there's no fuel on the fire......

Good luck!!!!
    Too soon old-Too late smart!