Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Shoreham group ride

I would like to try to start a weekly group ride that leaves from the BMX track. Im new to the trails so i am obviously looking more for people to show me these trails but they were very fun just def easy to get lost or turned around. Mid week rides is when im looking to go or sunday afternoons. Please PM me or leave a post if interested

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    i will be doing a Intermediate level ride at shoreham on sunday the 30th
    I will be there around 8:30ish. Jesus may show for this...if it does it will b a faster pace...UGH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Lol i so would go tomm but i just went there wed for my first time and came out with a nice case of poison ivy. Up by the sound way north on the trail it git pretty tight so b carefull. I will b good to ride again mid week hopefully. Do u do these rides on a weekly basis because i really wanna learn that place. I got turned around a bunch of times. Im also a CLIMB member PM me sumtime my name is BrianC. Enjoy the ride an look foward to next time !!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Tomorrow is gunna be a Interemdiate + ride. I will have Jack on the ride (he built a good portion of the trail) and my Buddy scott. I am Hoping the original founders of climb will be there as well (I sent a text to Packy).I Know this trail really well!!!
    I dont usually do them regularly. Every Now and then I take out Two wheeler, and a few other people from the Climb forum.

I used to be on the climb forum but was banned for "being Negetive"..... , but never on the forum!
    I usually do the beginner rides With Ironpony and Iwirelive. These rides are Multilevel and I am far from a beginner. I just enjoy the company of These people.
    I used to post as Spartacus on the forum then they MADE me change my name....so it was JC Phippster after spartacus. Your Posts at climb are good...dont take no **** from the weenies!
    Hope to see you out there one day and Happy trails

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I sef need to ride with you guys there. Sounds like i could def learn the trail and improve my skills. I use to ride alot and then started back up again this year after moving to Sound Beach and now being with 15 min of the best trails on long island. I would say im a intermediate rider but i am very comfortable on my bike and i can just about any trail in Suffolk no prob. Except maybe sum climbs at ES east and west side. Ive been on my Spec Hardrock since 2006 and i luv my bike. I have changed almost everything on it and i have no plans on getting rid of it. At least for now lol. Ive herd about "drama" on CLIMB ppl tend to take things way too personal sumtimes. I myself so far tho have no complaints and have had help from plenty of ppl but. I dont take smack from nobody hahaha. Once this poison ivy heals i will be back on the saddle later in the week. Ive only rode 2 times in the last 3 weeks im going thru withdrawls lol. Please keep me posted on any more group rides in the future.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    How was the ride ? Did u guys beat the rain ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey, The ride was nice we cut it short because of time restraints. There was four of us and the pace was fast but civilized.
    It was Jack, Tom B, Scott D and myself. Trail is looking good.....No Chiggers (I sprayed my socks and calves)...minimal mud and Jack had taken a blower and blew out a lot of the beach. Funny thing is as we finished about 10 riders were going in. It was Pat and lee and thier crew. They were rianed out of RP.....BTW Loretto lives in Sound Beach and I was there all day today

Dare I say it.....I usually post up at Visionmtb.com for the Long Island rides and stuff. Pretty much it is just me and artie posting there with a bunch of people Lurking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey so u do alot of trail maintance at RP ? Im on vacation next week aftr monday and i rode today and the trail does need some touchups. Ive never done trail work before but im willing to lend a hand if needed

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Yeah Brian, The stewards are Loretto, Gswood, Little Debbie, Rene Bean and unofficially my self. I was a steward and asked them to remove me from the list at Climb. I do not like their politics at climb. They lost thier view of the Mission Statement................Not one dime of those grants Vitti got goes to Eastern Trails. He dedicates all the money to the western trails......This is a fact! Loretto asked for a bunch of tools and maps, Debbie asked for a shovel and they Both recieved not even a reply from the board.(other than the "Hooded cape" comment on the forum).............So we do it on our own!
    We were supposed to rebuild Shorty lastweek but we all got busy. Looks like next weekend if you want to Join in. Keep an eye on Visionmtb.com. I will post it there

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Def sounds like a

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey talked to Loretto this morning i will be helping thurs at 2pm to work on Shorty. Gotta get my hands dirty on this trail. I rode it 50 times this year i just feel its the right thing to do. Hundreds use thia trail and maybe 5 maintain it lol. Whatcha gunna do right ? Ima get a ride in 1st then b there at 2

Does the right thing
    Its been about 6 years since I last rode this trail. Has it been marked at all?
    The wife and I are getting burned out on all of the CLIMB trails. They have gotten really badly eroded over this summer from all the heavy rain so we want to try something different.
    I always used to park at the school and loop around behind the school and would cross the road by the sub-station but I know there is a trailhead near the BMX lot. Is it better/ easier to follow if I start by the BMX lot?

Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey Free. I remember you from the vision and climb forums. ESS is in great shape. Some new stuff has been added since you were there last....... But the trail is not marked and it will probably stay that way. I say go in for a spin and check is out with the Mrs! Remember thou......Spray your self !

FYI just yesterday we gave Shorty (rocky point) a long over due face lift. Avalon did a great job helping with this (thanx brian! ). Greg also went in with irene and fixed a lot of areas...... So get a ride in at RP before the season ends (Nov. 1st )

Does the right thing
    Thanks! Yup havn't been on any of the forums in a long time.
    We will check it out. Normally we do RP once a week. We tried last Friday and it was a mud pit. My tires made the holes bigger with each turn. We skipped the west side and ended up quitting about 1/2 mile into the east side and rode the road back.

I don't think I ever rode all of ESS so it will be fun to explore.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hey Spartacus your welcome man !!! Hope i can help out plenty more times. Please keep me posted or Loretto on anymore trail work. I def wanna get back into ESS soon. Mayb fter 1st frost so i dont have to worry about any more damn poison ivy lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Maybe plan a group ride sometime late oct early nov. I can lead the ride...start from the BMX track

and free....RP is a mess because of how fast it rained. We did our best to keep things in check but, because the trail is dished in many areas it retains water bad. The High edges on the side of the trail have got to be knocked down in some areas. Drains were added and cleaned out all season. I think Most trails took a beating.

But ESS saw little use over the summer (I was in there 3 days a week in the spring early summer). The grass had gotten High and the trail needed to be trimmed (Jesus broke his collar bone and was out of action). But its all good now......The Bone yard was blown clear. Goat trail was cleaned up and the new section at the beach is now worn in.......Exit to the sump has been rerouted and is well worn...Lots of good stuff.............with the toucher chamber there is now 20 miles
    of trails

Did any of you check out shorty today? I will tomorrow...Kind of excited!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    No shorty yet !! I too will prob make it in there tomm. Not surewhat time prob late morning. Im anxi

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    No shorty yet. Played some golf 2day and my bike was in the shop getting a new "transmission". I too will prob make it in there tomm. Not surewhat time prob late morning. Im anxious to try it out its gonna b sooo much better. Man 20 miles in ESS !! When i was in there i only clocked about 12 lol. I no i obv missed alot but i didnt know i missed 8 miles. Thats like missing CP. Cant wait to ride the whole thing. I can tell that that trall will b one of my fav places to ride in the future.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    its in great condtion since storm sandy.

many thanks to who work on it.
    long island,ny

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Good to know. Im prob goin to go in there tomm late AM. Now that all the poison ivy i gone i can go back lol.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Me and Alpharider are trying to get a ride going next Sat morning nov 24th possibly do a full lap to check the whole place out at least all the fun parts. Hey Sparty !! Got any plans that saturday ? Wanna get in a nice ride in here b4 i have to spend 3-4 hours in the blistering cold lol

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i only missed the split rock section,so i dont know if thats ok

it doesnt matter, we rode for 3.5 hrs on clear new fun trails.
    long island,ny

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    whats split rock ? is that the 2 big rock rollovers at the very end of trail ?

i want to get a ride going in the next week or so pref on a sunday @12 noon i want to get a good leader someone who knows this trail hey Sparty "cough cough cough" do u ride in the winter ??? i want to learn from a PRO lol

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I have been hitting the trail here and there. Possibly this weekend

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Anyone interested in heading in there this evening?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast