Thread: Rochester

mtbr member

Rochester

New rider in rochester looking for some good trails and maybe a group to ride with. I already ride at tryon park with a friend of mine but im looking to explore a new park.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Come in north jersey! We have ringwood state park
    2007 Specialized FSR Comp
    2010 Jamis Trail XC
    2012 Superlight 29

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    check this link, scroll down to trails...

Tryon Bike Forums - Index

MYGROC weblink

GROC Genesee Regional Off-Road Cyclists

pretty big community of riders in rochester. Sat. 7/21 is the Fat Tire Fest at Dryer Rd park

Gimme free stuff
    http://www.rochestermtb.com/

This is the place to go to find local riders in Roc. I am a member, they are a good group of people. There is never a risk of getting dropped. Everyone always either waits or splits into smaller appropriate groups. They ride all the local trails and plan day trips out of town every so often. You can post a ride whenever you are planning on going and others will more than likely join. Best riding group I have seen.
    I am Tim btw. I am pretty much the only consistently SS rider in the group so I am pretty easy to spot. See ya out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    P.S. The true SSer's motto: "Do it anyway."
    Misfit DiSSent 29er
    Dawes Deadeye [FOR SALE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm down in the Buffalo area. I'm in the process of getting a bike and will be looking for a group in the WNY area as well

mtbr member
    dragbike posted the main link, check out under the main menu *single track trails & maps*. It shows trails some info and where the trails are located. I have not made it to Tryon yet but hear that is the better location for the area.
    I use to be lean & mean... Now I'm just an a$$hole!

mtbr member
    Dryer hill is a pretty good ride. They have a small pump track and a skills area at the parking lot for some fun.

The trails there are short-ish, but pretty fun. Ribbon Candy is a hoot.
    Yesterday starts tomorrow, tomorrow starts today, and the problem seems to be we're picking up the pieces on the ricochet

Gimme free stuff
    @S.n.a.k.e
    Ribbon Candy is my favorite trail there!
    For added fun, at the top of the trail, there is a small mound on the field side of treebeard (i think). Start on the mound and ride ribbon Candy without pedaling once. Its way harder than it sounds and super fun. It gets you to really read the trail and work those pump-track skillz. We wound up just lapping down ribbon pumping and back up moon like 5 times in a row.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    P.S. The true SSer's motto: "Do it anyway."
    Misfit DiSSent 29er
    Dawes Deadeye [FOR SALE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I know Dryer. I get up there when visiting the in-laws. Was there this past weekend. They ran a fat tire festival/race. Pretty cool. Fun stuff in them thar trails.