mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Riding near Rt 22?

Hi all

I live in CT, and I'm wondering if there are any good riding spots off Rt 22, or in the general Duchess county area, or somewhere else near the CT border?

Tom

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hell yeah there are some good ones. The spot I usually ride is in Patterson NY and there's more than enough there to keep you busy for a while. A 5 minute road ride from the lot gets you to another 15 miles of trail on the CT side.

mtbr member
    A little further south of Patterson is a fantastic spot in Brewster. If you need info on how to get there let me know. There are Tuesday night rides there with usually about 20-30 people showing up. Lots of people from CT too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Piston, if you are talking about Ninham I have been there a few times and love that place.

I'd like to find out more about the Patterson trails, I dont see them here in the trail review section.

Tom

mtbr member
    Hi Tom,

No I am not referring to Ninham, although that is relatively close by. There are trails off Rt 22 in Brewster which I like much better than Ninham- much more speed and flow etc. Let me know if you are interested in checking them out & I can give you directions.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yes I'd love to know where they are. I dont get down that way too much, being closer to Hartford, but 2 riding buddies live in Danbury. They ride Ninham and Blue and I'm sure they'd love new trails(If they dont know them already)