Huckin' trails

Riding near Plattsburgh this weekend. Anyone can show me around ?

Hi, my brother and I will be down for the weekend in Plattsburgh and plan on going riding The Blue Trail by the Saranac river on Saturday (if weather allow). We're not very familiar with the area and so far the MTBR trail reviews is the only source of info on this trail I have.

I'd be great to have someone local who would ride with us a little or at least point us in the right direction and fill me up about the must-knows of this trail and also if the trail condition is rideable or too fragile from bad weather already.

I have a US cell number and you can PM me too

Oh and sunday I'll bring you fishing on the lake if you want haha

Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Huckin' trails

Bump ? Anyone ?
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    LMK what you find out. I've been hoping to make a trip to saranac to ride for a bit. I can never find any good trail information. Maybe we'll have to lobby Tupper to open in the summer???
    Word to your mother.

Huckin' trails

Quote Originally Posted by schofell84 View Post
    LMK what you find out. I've been hoping to make a trip to saranac to ride for a bit. I can never find any good trail information. Maybe we'll have to lobby Tupper to open in the summer???
    Well we made it trough and back on saturday (two weekend ago). Instead of trying to explain how to get there, let me link you the gps tracking of the ride.

You can also just stop on the side off the i-87 on the north side of the Saranac river bridge and unload your bike and go right down on the trails since the trail goes just under the north side of the bridge.

There's a few different singletracks to choose, one that follows the river closely, another a bit further off, than another further away, etc.

Here's the link to the gps tracking :

http://gpskit.garafa.com/GPS_Kit/Map...e674e&n=181456

And a few pictures at the rock bed by the interstate. If you go all the way west to the next road (military turnpike), there's an even bigger rock bed and very nice scenery. Don't forget to bring your fishing pole and some pike/bass tackle, because you'll reach some awesome fishing spots riding along some trails.

Riding near Plattsburgh this weekend. Anyone can show me around ?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1382491216.048552.jpg

Riding near Plattsburgh this weekend. Anyone can show me around ?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1382491249.930036.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Sorry I missed this. Nearby Lake Placid has a nice trail system developing:
    Home

Local trails organization:
    Barkeater Trails Alliance
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

Huckin' trails

Thanks anyway. I realize there's a lot of trails in upper NY, but it seems difficult to find info on them unless you do extensive research.