Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OutBakistan/La Brea Car Pits? Troy

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bandit1 
#1 ·
I just saw this listed under in the trails section here. Other than another thread here (which didn't get answered specifically about this alleged trail), I can't find any information.

Anyone know if this trail still exists? By reading the reviews, it seems like my kind of place :D

I'm moving to about 2 blocks from Emma Willard, so if I could get to the trail near Campbell ave, I wouldn't have to drive. Only problem is one reviewer said there's no longer an enterance. Maybe they didn't go to the right place?

Just getting into biking and would love a place close enough to my house. I've read up on a lot of trails in the area and will get to them at one point or another, but this place seems too good to pass up, in my warped mind anyway. Gotta love Troy! I've been living in Westchester County for the last 8 years and just moved back. If this trail screaming welcome back, I don't know what is.

#2 ·
I am about a half mile or so from an enterance to the south. If you are interested, let me know, I have not been back there yet and have been wanting to go. Would not mind a partner to ride with.

#3 ·
I have been in contact with the owners of the land were these trails are located. It is illegal to be on the land with a motorized vehicle, but all other access is welcomed just no hunting or other illegal activites. The trails are there, but not mapped very well.

Mapping them has been on my todo list since I moved to Rensselaer.

#5 ·
maybe from the troy side, but on the Rensselaer side, they are a bit wide and not overgrown. You can find parking at the boat launch. I am hoping that next week will be nice enough that I can get out there to ride them. Maybe this weekend with the kids too.

MechMan, I will PM you with my direct contact info so we can meet up to ride these trails.

#7 ·
have not checked these one out yet. They are not the trails I was thinking about... they are further into troy, and what I though was being refered to here is the land owned by RPI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.