Thread: Nyc trails

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Smile Nyc trails

I just started riding in the last 2 months and most of my riding has been in Cunningham Park over in Fresh Medows, The trail is very good for beginners and experts in my opinion but I was wondering if there are any other places in NYC or near by that would be fun to hit the trails at . Thanks for the help in advance

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Stillwell Woods in Long Island is prolly my second favorite i goto Cunningham all the time and been too about 6 other trails around NYC soo im not a complete expert but ive been to few. It's clean and pretty well marked compaired to some other trails before. List of trails in and around NYC here.. NYCMTB

'Tis but a scratch
    You might want to check out this website for some Long Island rides too. I live upstate but have ridden a couple of these. These are probably the closest to you.
    CLIMB Maintained Mountain Bike Trails

There are also others in Westchester that are very good rides and not too far. Check out this site: WMBA

The WMBA site is a little messed up right now since the Chain Stretcher race announcement is covering up the "Parks" listing. The "Parks" section is right under the letter 'A' in WMBA on that announcement.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the input, I went to my LBS today and he actually gave me a printout of the website and also told me to check out Stillwell Woods , might go check it out tomorrow

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Took a drive over to Stillwell Woods Park and wow that was not easy, lots of decent drops and lots of hills with a lot of loose dirt on the trail which made it really hard to steer and do the climbs. It was definitely a good workout I will be back for sure

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Stillwell has drops? thats the first ive heard of that.

pay the toll and ride Sprain Ridge

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Graham Hills is one of my favorite.