mtbr member
    Feb 2008

NCKRS #1, Spraguebrook Summer Slammer! June 1st

Go Here For Directions

Flyer Attached, feel free to print and post!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    and slammin' it was. tree roots as slick as snot. countless crashes. in the woods for nearly an hour every lap. unofficially, i was on the course for 3:16:00. average heart rate was 153 beats per minute. for four mins six secs, heart rate was >169. was "in the zone" for 1:19:59. three spokes were broken in a branch mishap late in lap 2 or early in lap 3. the rider was carrying 31# of fat. mostly singletrack. good stuff, too. made by people that know how to do it. almost completely untouched by motor vehicle. a stream crossing. mud. climbing. mud. rocks but nothing too crazy. descending. top notch competition as well as people new to the sport. a little bit of grass. a great course. haven't seen any results yet but wouldn't be surprised if i was the lantern rouge again. but seem to be getting closer...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks to everyone for coming out!

Despite the poor conditions and low turnout, I think we had a great time! The course is great and so was the competition! I was very excited to see not only many of our local favorites, but quite a few new faces to racing as well. I spoke to several people who said this was their first race ever!

Results are up at www.heartrateup.com who provided our timing. Results and event photos will be posted shortly on www.wnymbro.com

Don't forget the next three races in the series...

July 19th: Romp in the Park, Allegheny State Park. www.heartrateup.com
    August 31st: The Hammerhead, Holimont Ski Area. www.wnymbro.com
    October 4th: The Handlebars "Secret" Race. Series finale!