mtbr member
    Jun 2008

MTB rent in the finger lakes

Hi,
    im traveling with the family in Aug. in upstate NY and im looking to rent bikes for a short morning ride (just before they are waking up).
    im going to stay 1 night near letchworth and 2 nights in corning. can you recommend a bike store that rent MTB bikes?
    Also will be happy for trail recommendation - ~10/12mile - descent climb and possibly some singles as well?
    thanks, orit

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I don't know of any shops in that area that rent good MTB's.
    As for Trails - the finger lakes trail in Letchworth is a great ride. see the GROC Genesee Regional Off-Road Cyclists website for some info. The south end is a little hillier and more remote, the north end gets more use. You could always ship your bike to a local shop and pick it up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the link.
    im trying to connect to local riders via GROC - so far no result...
    might be that there are really no shops in the area

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The GROC message boards don't get a ton of traffic. Most of the shops in the area are in or near Rochester - about 45 minutes from Letchworth. None that I know of rent MTB's - mostly cruiser-type bikes for riding rail trails. Are you flying into the area and not able to bring your own bike?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Yes, im getting into the area by flight.. from Israel
    As i have bike rental in other locations in my trip - i guess ill have to skip this area.
    thanks for the reply

mtbr member
    try ithaca area and cycle-cny.com
    without hops the world stops

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks
    Following this link i found a shop in the area of my hotel.
    sent them an email and crossing my fingers

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    What kind of riding are you planning on doing? Single track, rail trails? Park Ave bike shop in Rochester I believe rents bikes. So does RV&E bike shop. They both are only about 45 min away from Letchworth.

Park Ave Bike Shop - Rochester, New York - Specialized - Raleigh - Serotta - Ridley - Look- Quintana Roo - Thule - Fischer - Madshus - Atlas - Swix - Toko

Home, RV & E Bike and Skate| Bicycle Store Fairport| Bikes| Skates| Sale| Rental| Winter Sports| Skateboard| Fairport, Canandaigua New York | RV&E Bike and Skate

Check them out.
    Just remember,Where ever you go there you are...