Rider, Builder, Dreamer

MAN, what an awesome spring!

Innit?!

I have NEVER seen the trails in Oneonta as dry as they are now. Sections that are usually greasy even in August are now hard as a rock and super fast. Y'all should come check it out! Easy to put together a 20+ mile ride with lots of purpose-built singletrack, less than a mile of road, and very little repetition unless you actually want to.

There are several people in town who would love to lead rides, and this is the best time to make a drive for sweet riding. Everything here is very XC-bike friendly, with optional features that allow more aggressive people (there are a few of us) to use every bit of a 6-inch AM rig.

PM or email if you're interested in coming up. I'm free Monday and Wednesday mornings, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, Friday thru Sunday all day. Could do evening/night rides as well for anyone interested. Semester ends soon and I'll be off to Maine to work as a mountain bike guide all summer, so the 12th is the last weekend I'll be around until August. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Tell me about it. We usually don't get to ride trials in this condition until at least June.

I've thought about making the trip to Oneonta for some riding. I went to a concept this past winter and as I was driving there it looked there could be some good riding in the area.

mtbr member
    Man I have been riding like crazy this spring- the trails are in great condition and are so fast and fun. I can't believe some of my friends haven't even been out yet- they don't know what they are missing!

mtbr member
    This has been the weirdest winter and spring I can remember. We had plenty of rain instead of snow, and we would just be hitting the trails now after the snowmelt and complaining about the mud. Get all your riding in while you can before december 20th comes and it's all over!