Thread: Lippman Park

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Lippman Park

My wife and I got the chance to check out Lippman park in Wawarsing last night. This place is VERY nice and I highly recommend you give it a try. The builders have really made the most of a relatively small amount of space, and use the contours of the land to do some really nice stuff. The only criticism I would make is that there are a number of spots where routing the trail between two very closely space trees kinda slows everything down little too much and kills the flow.

It was actually kind of funny. The wife and I stopped for a water break, and made that criticism to each other. Less than five minutes later, she caught her handlebar at one of those spots and went OTB. Spent the evening in Ellenville's emergency room with a dislocated shoulder. She is a tough mamajama!

Seriously, that one criticism and the unfortunate end to our ride aside, this place is really nice. I work in the area and would like to help out on a build day. I am civil service and have odd days off so if any of the builders sees this, please shoot me a PM.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    If you want to help out check our the renegades mou train Burke club. They're the crew responsible for Lippmann.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sambs827 View Post
    If you want to help out check our the renegades mou train Burke club. They're the crew responsible for Lippmann.
    As the kids say: Autocorrect, LOLz.

Renegades

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Smart phones are only called such as they appear that way by comparison to their users.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Cool thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel1916 View Post
    The only criticism I would make is that there are a number of spots where routing the trail between two very closely space trees kinda slows everything down little too much and kills the flow.
    The trails in these parts are like that, the builders have an odd sense of humor I think. Taconic Hereford a.k.a. 909 among others is loaded with tight trail features like this, and frequently it's a slippery and steep section also. It's a good thing bar ends or "tree hooks" have fallen out of fashion, because that seemed to be their only real purpose. I hope your other half is recovering comfortably and back in the saddle soon.
    To appreciate the flowers you must also walk among s**t to know the difference

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    I hope your other half is recovering comfortably and back in the saddle soon.
    Thanks. She is pretty jacked up, but we are optimistic that ski season can be salvaged.