Thread: Lippman Park

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Lippman Park

My husband and I usually ride at Stewart, but are looking for somewhere else to ride this Sunday b/c the Darkhorse 40 will be going on at Stewart. How does Lippman Park compare to Stewart? We've ridden Graham Hills, Blue Mountain, Ringwood, Jungle Habitat...is it like any of those?

mtbr member
    It's roughly about the size of graham hills, but it packs a lot more trails in there and there are more built every time I visit. There's a little bit of everything there from smooth and flowy to chunky trails, lots of climbing, some manmade (but not intimidating) stunts with roll arounds if you're not into them, and an advanced rider only trail with some gap jumps and a somewhat steep and sketchy roller called "devils drop". I used to think it was just an ok place, but there's been a lot of new quality trailwork done the past 2 years. I can bring my all mountain bike or my singlespeed and have an equally satisfying afternoon. Long story short, check it out, it's becoming really really good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Where exactly is this in relation to Blue Mountain and Sprain Ridge? I've ridden all the other trails the OP mentioned, but I have no idea where Lippman Park is. Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Lippman Park is just north of Ellenville in Ulster County. Truly a gem! Look up Renegades MTB Club for more info and a trailmap. Its definitely worth the trip.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Great! Thanks! Not being lazy or anything ( I could totally google it), but how far from New Paltz is that. I'm from Long Island but I'll be up in New Paltz next weekend for my girlfriend to race the Wildcat 100. Might have to take a side trip on the way home!

mtbr member
    It's probably a half hour drive due west over the mountains from new paltz.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    OH that's perfect! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Awesome place. Trails are very well marked and well maintained. There's a little of everything. We will definitely be going back.