swag ho Administrator

How's everyone doing in this storm?

We want to know.

mtbr member
    I flew to DC from Syracuse Saturday morning to watch my daughter (a two year breast cancer survivor), run the Marine Core Marathon. My flight back to Syracuse Monday afternoon was canceled. They rescheduled my flight for Tuesday and then promptly canceled that one too. My daughter lives in NC and drove to DC for the marathon so I came home with her and her husband instead of being stuck in DC at the VERY expensive hotel. I am waiting to hear from US air if I will be flying home Wednesday or not.
    My daughter finished the marathon despite pulling a tendon in her leg and having to walk portions of the race.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Very windy in Ridgefield CT not a lot of rain as of yet. Power went out at 4:30 pm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    gcappy my hats off to your daughter, and I'm sure you don't regret missing a couple flights home to stand witness to your daughters feat.

Big Gulps, Alright!
    2 hours north of NYC, we have been lucky so far. Rain all day, mostly light but heavy at times and strong winds, but nothing over 60mph that I'm aware of (they close the bridges over the Hudson river when winds reach 60mph+).

NYC isn't having such a great time however. Tunnels flooded and closed. Mass transit shut down. Grand Central Abandoned In Preparation For Hurricane Sandy (PHOTOS)

The guy in photo one locking Grand Central is my co-workers brother. Pretty crazy stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danglingmanhood View Post
    gcappy my hats off to your daughter, and I'm sure you don't regret missing a couple flights home to stand witness to your daughters feat.
    Certainly not. A couple years ago I almost lost her. With her living in NC and me in NY I don't get to see her enough.
    By the way the mountain biking down here is fantastic. I spent a week here three weeks ago and rode every day.

mtbr member
    Windy with gusts and little rain, not much to report from my neck of the woods.

mtbr member
    Called the airport in Charlotte this morning and they said travel to NY was on so off I went to the airport and I am now HOME!!.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    1.5 hours north of NYC and we are doing OK, thankfully. Not much rain but lots of sustained wind under 50mph. The power grids around here are tough to figure out, I have power (knock wood), but across the street doesn't. Go figure. Lots of pines came down in this storm including a massive Rockefeller Center sized one around the corner from me.

turtles make me hot
    Got called into work Sunday afternoon before the storm hit. Caught the last train into the city.
    I spent the entire week at work...
    My wife and son lucked out and did not lose power. My mother's house got 4 feet of water in the basement and took out the heater, washer and dryer.
    Many of my friends have no power as of today.
    I feel very fortunate to come home to a dry warm house.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    In Queens, lots of down trees, almost every other block. The downed trees are either on the streets, on cars and on houses. Worst I have seen to date. Family is well though.

DaFaJa
    Hope every one is ok...
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    Westchester County ...

Still no power (day 7) at my house and it's gettin' cold.

Schools closed all last week.

Hard to get gas.

Sot having much fun, but a ton of folks have worked a collective hundreds of hours getting our trails rideable, so at least we are riding.

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just got power back at 4 pm today. Went for a ride yesterday. Trials need some clean up work. School starts wednesday. From aug 2011 to nov 2012 ran on the generator for a total of 27 days. Spoke to a rider yesterday from Wilton CT, he is currently 33 days on generator. His power is expected to return 11/10/12. I am lucky no damage. Others around town were not so lucky.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I'm in NEPA, power outages, wind damage, on a lesser note...

...trails salad covered, and trees down, our group had all cleaned up by the weekend.

Praying for our neighbors in states all around, for strength and hope, it will get better, having myself just gone through the 2011 flooding, I had many mt biking friends wade through the water to get to me!

Stay strong!

mtbr member
    Power back on after 8 full days.

Rode the local trails this afternoon before the Nor"Easter comes tomorrow

SPP
    Rigid.

Gumnut Peddler
    Sucks that in times when people are most in need, that people have the nerve to even consider doing things like this.

Gas for Sex: Gas for sex: The alarming post-Sandy trade | News.com.au

Hope the oncoming storm ends up being a bit of a fizz.

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post
    Sucks that in times when people are most in need, that people have the nerve to even consider doing things like this.

Damn!! See that? I waited on line for an hour at 5:45 am This past Saturday to fill my wife's car and I didn't get laid!
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    SO the Nor'Easter is here and we're getting snow ... about 4-5" on the back porch. Roads are a mess, over an hour to get home (usually less than 30 minutes). Had high hopes of hitting Graham after work for first tracks but that would have put me in the middle of rush hour traffic, so I bagged that idea. Glad to be home sitting in the living room with heat, power, etc ... hoping it will last.

SPP
    Rigid.

'Tis but a scratch
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderz View Post

On the other side of this coin, I did see a couple people posting a willingness to loan their generator (and gas) for FREE...to complete strangers...in need of HELP!

There are a$$holes out there and there are good people out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    On the other side of this coin, I did see a couple people posting a willingness to loan their generator (and gas) for FREE...to complete strangers...in need of HELP!

There are a$$holes out there and there are good people out there.
    True ... and we hope the good ones outnumber the rest.

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Drove out this weekend and surprised to find out that there's no lines for gas in Yonkers and Long Beach. Both about 20+ from the city. NYC is still out of fuel!

No joke, there were folks trading gas for sex on craigslist last week......
    d butt u kicked today, could b d same butt you'll kiss tomorrow.....