Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    'Tis but a scratch
    Reputation: huffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,894

    Graham Hills, Pleasantville, NY

    I recently rode Graham again. Its only the 3rd or 4th time in as many years. So, I don't really claim to know it well. The map on WMBA is pretty good and makes it fairly easy to avoid getting lost. There does seem to be a couple minor things missing.

    Anyway, I can't seem to plan a good route with overall flow. I realize that you will need to climb in MTB'ing and that the place is appropriately named Graham HILLS. But, I guess I was wondering if someone has a route recommendation that they feel takes most trails in the "right" direction.

    I'm hoping for a 2-3 hour route or 10-12 miles. And I am ok swirling around on Pink for some of that.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12
    "...I guess I was wondering if someone has a route recommendation that they feel takes most trails in the "right" direction. "

    ride up the new Yellow (Updraft) trail, at the top where it intercepts White, continue across and drop down Motorcycle, then turn left at the bottom heading up Orange and turn right after about 100 yds onto Boulderdash. Take that across and then turn left and head up Snaggle. Take that back up to the top and then turn right and head down Red. Take Red down and ride Blue around the park clockwise and either head up Orange to the top or continue around the perimeter back to the lot or head up White half way and then make a left and head down Yellow. That would be a solid ride of around 2 hrs for most people, allowing for some rests along the way.

  3. #3
    'Tis but a scratch
    Reputation: huffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,894
    Thanks. + rep. It may be awhile before I can try it out, but I appreciate the fast reply.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SlowPokePete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,516
    Huffster I ride there regularly and have lots of nice rides. Would definitely be willing to give a nice tour. Hit me up with a pm next time you know you'll be there.

    In the mean time, try this...

    Chet's ride all the way and including doing Boulder, but then take meadow to blue all the way around. Climb upper white to the top, then go down snaggle, take right onto Boulderdash and do it the other direction. When you get back to the intersection of orange, turn left and drop back down, turn right on blue, take lower white all the way to blue, turn right back to the top, then come down yellow.

    Like I said, I am there a lot....most weekdays around 4:00 to finish in the dark, weekend ride times are a bit more variable.

    SPP
    Rigid.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,260
    Here's my take/loop(s) [variations on a theme]

    out of lot onto pink, crossover 5 to stay on pink...
    R at 19, R at 18 onto blue... climb a short ways - jump off that kicker on your left!...
    R at 6 (or straight on to Disneyland if you like)...
    R at 7 and up to R at 26 onto Updraft all the way to top...
    Cross straight over at top to Motorcycle down...
    L at orange, climb little...
    R at Boulderdash...
    bear R at 12 and take Meadow, drop that ledge onto 13!...
    L at 13 and around blue and up up up Snaggle
    R at top (9) and down Red, whee! drop that ledge, roll the roller, drop another and rip them berm(s)...
    climb out of old moto track either way and head towards boulderdash to take it up (12)
    L at orange and keep L down to blue
    R at blue and around clockwise perimeter, hop that log and launch that kicker!
    pick up white/blue at 15....
    R at 16 and up up up to top
    L at 29 to go down updraft, launch that kicker and flow those whoooops!
    L at 26
    L at 7
    follow blue out, maybe R at 5 for a pink exit to lot right where you started. Look both ways when flying out into lot so you don't get clobbered by incoming cars.

    That should keep you busy.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TORQUE-29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    Here's my take/loop(s) [variations on a theme]

    out of lot onto pink, crossover 5 to stay on pink...
    R at 19, R at 18 onto blue... climb a short ways - jump off that kicker on your left!...
    R at 6 (or straight on to Disneyland if you like)...
    R at 7 and up to R at 26 onto Updraft all the way to top...
    Cross straight over at top to Motorcycle down...
    L at orange, climb little...
    R at Boulderdash...
    bear R at 12 and take Meadow, drop that ledge onto 13!...
    L at 13 and around blue and up up up Snaggle
    R at top (9) and down Red, whee! drop that ledge, roll the roller, drop another and rip them berm(s)...
    climb out of old moto track either way and head towards boulderdash to take it up (12)
    L at orange and keep L down to blue
    R at blue and around clockwise perimeter, hop that log and launch that kicker!
    pick up white/blue at 15....
    R at 16 and up up up to top
    L at 29 to go down updraft, launch that kicker and flow those whoooops!
    L at 26
    L at 7
    follow blue out, maybe R at 5 for a pink exit to lot right where you started. Look both ways when flying out into lot so you don't get clobbered by incoming cars.

    That should keep you busy.
    Man that sounds confusing but fun I like the sound of hop that log, launch that kicker, flow those whoooops and rip those berms...=I can't find Motorcycle or Boulderdash trails on the map I'm afraid I may get lost
    Graham Hills Park Map by polymonic on deviantART

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    29
    Motorcycle goes from 29 down to Orange.
    Boulderdash is a continuation of Meadow, from 12 to Orange.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TORQUE-29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorn240 View Post
    Motorcycle goes from 29 down to Orange.
    Boulderdash is a continuation of Meadow, from 12 to Orange.
    Thanks I always get lost when I ride there.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by TORQUE-29er View Post
    Thanks I always get lost when I ride there.
    its pretty simple.make a right on Blue trail,and take that all the way around.takes me an hour sometimes 45 if I push it.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TORQUE-29er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeesrider View Post
    its pretty simple.make a right on Blue trail,and take that all the way around.takes me an hour sometimes 45 if I push it.
    OK thanks I'll look for it but it may be like riding a dead horse

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by TORQUE-29er View Post
    OK thanks I'll look for it but it may be like riding a dead horse
    It can be like a dead horse, but I've beaten it. You just have to ride there as often as you can, then it will all make sense.

Similar Threads

  1. Graham Swamp
    By Mitch1171 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
  2. Graham Hills or Sprain Ridge?
    By ronyc in forum New York
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM
  3. coool Mt Graham
    By abegold in forum Arizona
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-20-2011, 04:28 PM
  4. Graham Swamp Conditions?
    By Mitch1171 in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 09:26 AM
  5. Graham Swamp is looking great
    By eminefes in forum Southeast - GA, TN, AL, FL
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •