mtbr member

Foley Road ( French Tract) Vestal NY still active?

Hi to all

I took a drive up to Foley road in vestal NY and didn't see any active trail there. Is it still in use?

if so could someone please let me know approx where abouts. Also are there any other trails active in the area?

Thanks to all

mtbr member
    While we used to ride the french tract a lot, keep in mind it's private land - mostly. I'm sure people still ride it but I'd be very cautious about doing so. If you see posted signs, I'd follow them. When i was still living up there there were a few small land access issues, and the french tract was certainly one of them.

Instead I'd recommend Jone's Park which is completely legal, has some new killer single track, and is all and all more fun. Not a lot of mileage there but it's enough to keep you busy for a solid 2 hours I bet. Jone's is a town park and should be found easily online.

Check out cycle-cny.com the guys who've been doing trail work there will likely chime in about Jones Park. Don't forget about Aqua Terra as well... a good shop resource is Chenango Point Cycles in binghamton, they do more advanced friday night rides and would likely show you around to the hot spots in the area which are hard to describe online.

Riding's good up there when the weather holds out...
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    thanks for the info, I will look into riding jones in the near future

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yea 2nd that on the Chenango point rides, There are a few great locations in the greater binghamton area. There is South Mountain which is really good and fast singletrack. Brickyard which can get pretty technical, this is my personal favorite. Oakley Corners, which is a state park and has fairly easy but entertaining singletrack.
    2005 Kona Shred - '07 Argyle
    2007 Voodoo Ogun - RIP Crack chainstay
    2008 Commencal Meta666 VIP

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I've ridden the park trails and beyond for years. The area you're refering to is def. private property - the owners are not MTB'er friendly.
    Besides Jones, the main area locations are Chenango Valley State Park, Oakley Corners State land and Jenksville State Land