Rider, Builder, Dreamer

Epic in Oneonta this Sunday, 10/21

Getting a bunch of people together this Sunday for the Oneonta Epic. Details:

Meet in the Netzer Administration Building parking lot on the SUNY Oneonta Campus.

There will be two rides: a 25 mile Epic and a 40 mile Epic.

The 40-mile will be a bit faster pace and heads out at 8 AM. The 25 miler is a bit easier-paced and will roll at 9 AM.

There will be an aid station most of the way through the ride (around 20 miles).

The entire ride has easy and frequent drop-out points for those who don't want to do the full ride.

The 40-miler will do several trails twice, since there are too many sections that are awesome in both directions.

Plan on 3,000+ feet of climbing for the 40, and at least 1500 for the 25.

Only an hour from Albany and Bing, less than 2 hours from Syracuse, and 3 from NYC.

The Oneonta State Mountain Biking Club is out in force the days leading up to the epic making sure everything is clear of leaves and branches. WAHOO!!

Potluck after. Bring a dish to pass. Crock Pots OK. No need to finish the ride to eat and drink. If you need a place to shower we can work something out.

Check out the link in my signature for GoPro footage of the trails. Any questions, let me know. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Interesting, how do I get there from Old Forge?

Rider, Builder, Dreamer

mtbr member
    I live near Oneonta and did the black fly a couple years ago so that driving time sounds about right from Old Forge to Oneonta.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    qdawgg, you gonna make it out on Sunday? It's gonna be a fun group. Food and beer after.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sambs827 View Post
    qdawgg, you gonna make it out on Sunday? It's gonna be a fun group. Food and beer after.
    Actually haven't been on the mtb since the last NYS race so not sure I would be holding my own on the 40 miler. Been doing some road stuff but sounds like you guys are probably going to be flying around a lot faster then I can probably hang with. Although beer is quite an incentive, so maybe I'll make it out.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    Riedlbauer's eh? We were there in force, wearing the red MTB T-shirts. I did the race along with a few others, that course was a blast!

As for the pace, there is also going to be a 25-30 mile ride at a more reasonable pace. That one goes off at 9 AM.

mtbr member
    Checked out the youtube posts. Looks like alot of fun terrain!!! Maybe next time for me.

mtbr member
    Also missed it, went to Highland Forrest on Saturday and stayed home on Sunday nursing a cold.

Let us know when you are going back.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    We ride every Sunday at 9 AM, and whenever else there's someone in town wanting to get shown around. If any of y'all want a day of guided riding get a hold of me. I'd be happy to show anyone of any skill level around. Cooperstown is nearby for those interested that way, and there is good food, beer, and coffee to be had here in Oneonta.

Sunday turned out to be a great day. Just shy of 40 people. About a third were in the 40 mile group, then the 25 mile group split halfway through the ride into two smaller groups of 10-12. Several riders exceeded their personal best in mileage, and lots of tasty food and beer were consumed afterward.

Again, let me know if you want a tour. I do rather love showing off our trails. Cheers!