Thread: Cooperstown

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Cooperstown

I am planning a trip to Cooperstown to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame later this summer. I was just wondering is there any trails in that area worth checking out? Any links on trail maps or information? Thanks for any help or information
    "Want to ride some more miles...?"

mtbr member
    There are trails behind the Clark's Center/gym but I've never ridden them and don't know if anyone is just allowed to ride back there. There are trails in Oneonta which isn't too far from Cooperstown but there are no trail maps that I'm aware of so you would have to try to find someone to show you around. I've ridden there about 3 - 4 times and still don't have a clue how to get around. For the amount of forest/land available in the area it's a shame there aren't miles and miles of singletrack to ride.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Finding a bike shop in Cooperstown is also difficult. I went there last year with the same intentions: check out Hall of Fame and ride a couple of trails. When I went to check out the bike shops that I had found on Google, they were no longer there. My suggestion is to do some google searches for trails in Oneonta/Ithaca.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
    Finding a bike shop in Cooperstown is also difficult. I went there last year with the same intentions: check out Hall of Fame and ride a couple of trails. When I went to check out the bike shops that I had found on Google, they were no longer there. My suggestion is to do some google searches for trails in Oneonta/Ithaca.
    Ithaca isn't really close to cooperstown, it's a good 2+ hrs depending on traffic on single lane roads. If you were going to do that it would be just as easy to go out towards albany or just do a bigger "tour" of all the trails in a 1 hour + area. I could show you some trails in Schoharie County (45 minutes - 1 hour away depending on where we ride) and I could help you get in touch with someone that knows the Oneonta trails really well if you wanted to bring the bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Try here for oneonta trails: Ride to Live

Or try to contact sambs827 on here, but I don't believe he's in oneonta for the summer.

mtbr member
    Not trail related but you should check out Howe caverns nearby.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    Not trail related but you should check out Howe caverns nearby.
    That's basically where I live, so if the poster did do that I could show him trails at the same time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'd go to Oneonta and go to the bike shop on main street called "sport tech" they should be able to point you to some great trails. My personal favorite trails are the ones at Hartwick/Job Corp but there is miles of great trails throughout the town.
    Firm believer in Karma