mtbr member
    May 2011

Colonie Town Park

How much of this trail is still in use? I thought I read recently that some of it had been lost due to developing in the area and the maps I'm looking at are a few years old.

I'm interested in checking it out because its really close to home, I could drive or bike in via the Mohawk Hudson in about 10-15 minutes.

Looking at the map it looks like there are 3 entrances into it, which one is the correct way to enter or is it all riding preference? Are you supposed to go one direction?

Is it pretty well marked or marked at all? Based on the picture it looks like a plate of spaghetti and if its not marked I'll be riding in circles all day having the time of my life.

Colonie Town Park-colonietrails1.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I've been riding here a lot lately. It is awesome fun. You will love it. I like starting at the far enterance (ie the furthest away from the parking lot / entrance to Colonie town park) follow that trail up, and then just follow the yellow arrows. It will give you a nice loop without repetition. I plan on riding thursday if interested.

If you don't follow the yellow posts -- like you said you'll feel like you're going in circles. Riding this time of year is perfect because you can see all the downed leafs still on the ground and where people aren't riding much. stay on the well ridden stuff and you're golden.