mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Capital District?

Hello, back in the area for a few days for the first time in 10 years or so. hoping someone can point me in the direction of some good trails! is Central Park in Sch'dy still open to ride? how is Lock 7? thanks for the advice!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Central Park is still open and riding great. Colonie town park is really nice as is Luther's forest.

I haven't had a chance to ride lock 7 yet but there is a dedicated team of volunteers and from what I hear, it's a sweet place to ride. Lots of options these days.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The SMBA trails in Saratoga are my favorites, with Pittstown State Forest a close second.
    SMBA

mtbr member
    Riding Elm Ave Park nature trails (Bethlehem) yesterday, opening day of rifle season, I saw a nice 6 point buck 30 yds down the trail. Smart fella knows how to avoid the hunters I guess. Anyway, are there any concerns about riding Pittstown this time of year with active hunting going on? I try to stay in more developed areas for November.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by erudition12000 View Post
    Riding Elm Ave Park nature trails (Bethlehem) yesterday, opening day of rifle season, I saw a nice 6 point buck 30 yds down the trail. Smart fella knows how to avoid the hunters I guess. Anyway, are there any concerns about riding Pittstown this time of year with active hunting going on? I try to stay in more developed areas for November.
    That depends on if your concerned about hunters. I not particularly worried about riding during hunting season, other folks are. I wear orange and try not to sound and look like a deer. I've never had problems.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell13 View Post
    ...try not to sound and look like a deer.
    Fair enough.