Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sje
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Anyone ride Bethpage State Park on LI?

I'm sure at least a few of you guys ride BSP... I'm going to try and ride there a little bit as it's in close proximity to my house, but as far as trail riding goes, I'm a total beginner... Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of what part of the trail is best for beginners to start with?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Welcome.
    Try VisionMTB.com and Listen to Applehead. He is a good man and knows his stuff

The Brick yard is fun. Heading north is fun.

Basically go out and explore. Anything you can not ride......walk. Dont be ashamed because we have all been there............No go git some!!!

mtbr member
    Going to start back up as soon as I get my bike back. As far as BSP there are many trails that are not marked so go and explore. And yes as Sparty said the Brickyard is fun. The other possibility is go past the picnic area to the open field and follow the wood chips to the white blazes this is the greenbelt, keep following the blazes north and you will eventually hit stillwell preserve. If you want I will be riding there on Mondays for an hour ride 30min in 30 min back to car on the gb. Remember these are 2 way trails so enter turns with caution either yell or whistle to let others know you are coming. And also listen to Sparty and head over to visionmtb.com.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sje View Post
    I'm sure at least a few of you guys ride BSP... I'm going to try and ride there a little bit as it's in close proximity to my house, but as far as trail riding goes, I'm a total beginner... Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of what part of the trail is best for beginners to start with?
    Contact me when you are available to ride. I'm local.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    CLIMB has a beginner's ride at Bethpage on the first Saturday of the month. There are other monthly rides located on our forum:
    The CLIMBoard - Index

Go to CLIMB - Concerned Long Island Mountain Bicyclists and click on the CLIMBoard forum for more info on Bethpage and other mountain bike trails on Long Island.

Be sure to sign up to our monthly eNews to find out about events and trail maintenance:
    eNews Subscription

Established as a not for profit in 1990, we have built and currently maintain over 150 miles of mountain bike trails through member support and this year we have another 20 miles of trails in the works.

When you support CLIMB you get a 10% discount at most local bike shops with your current member card:
    C.L.I.M.B. - Membership
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sick4surf View Post
    CLIMB has a beginner's ride at Bethpage on the first Saturday of the month. There are other monthly rides located on our forum:
    The CLIMBoard - Index

Go to CLIMB - Concerned Long Island Mountain Bicyclists and click on the CLIMBoard forum for more info on Bethpage and other mountain bike trails on Long Island.

Be sure to sign up to our monthly eNews to find out about events and trail maintenance:
    eNews Subscription

Established as a not for profit in 1990, we have built and currently maintain over 150 miles of mountain bike trails through member support and this year we have another 20 miles of trails in the works.

When you support CLIMB you get a 10% discount at most local bike shops with your current member card:
    C.L.I.M.B. - Membership
    I would love to log on to CLIMB, but sadly I can not. Anyway that can happen? I am not a CLIMB member so my phone number is not on record. Please assist. Looking forward to visiting your site!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The OLE Bagger View Post
    I would love to log on to CLIMB, but sadly I can not. Anyway that can happen? I am not a CLIMB member so my phone number is not on record. Please assist. Looking forward to visiting your site!
    Seeing as how you've been bashing them the last couple of months.....

Long Island riders, HT or FS?

Bagger itchin for a trail ride

Seems to me you already know the answer. Maybe the old bag was tea bagged by one of the members and your upset with them, I don't know, but how about not turning the NY forum into a personal b!tch fest.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Bagger,

As I have asked you many times in the past, please send me your real name and phone number so I can discuss this with you in person. So far you have given me several fake names and screen names with all kinds of reasons not to share your phone number. I want to make sure I can contact you if you start trolling for controversy on our forum again. I will not share your real identity or phone number.

People get banned from our forum because they don't follow the rules of civility or by personally attacking others then they delete and retreat. We have a three strikes your out rule. Our moderators don't have time to be baby sitters. So if you want you can pm me your name and phone number and we will go from there.

I already had to ask the moderators on MTBR to remove a few of your earlier posts so you have started off on the wrong foot already. However, I always believe in giving second or third chances.

Thanks for your support.

Back to the regular thread topic of Bethpage Park...
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    Seeing as how you've been bashing them the last couple of months.....

Long Island riders, HT or FS?

Bagger itchin for a trail ride

Seems to me you already know the answer. Maybe the old bag was tea bagged by one of the members and your upset with them, I don't know, but how about not turning the NY forum into a personal b!tch fest.
    +1.

mtbr member
    Well said Mike

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    seems I was banned for no reason. I had not bashed anyone and had not deleted and retreated. I had not posted ANYthing bad until after I was banned for using my screen name that was banned for no reason.

But what ever...life goes on
    Last edited by spartacus; 03-25-2013 at 07:37 PM.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Like the bagger would actually do this. I have to laugh. Bagger will go about his business and hammer all day. I respectfully decline mr vitti. Thanks for the offer but I don't think so.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
    seems I was banned for no reason. I had not bashed anyone and had not deleted and retreated. I had not posted ANYthing bad until after I was banned for using my screen name that was banned for no reason....Oh wait to quote mike vitti "Your screen name creates controversy"

I spoke with Mike on the Phone and he acted like he was on my side saying the moderators banned me.....I spoke to the head Mod and was told Mike was the key reason I was banned.....and to back this up the head moderator re-instated me and I was immediately put back on the ban list by mike vitti.

I watched people being viciously attacked and name called on the climb forum and the attackers got away with it scott free because...well......favoritism

and mike I am sorry....you dont have the final say here or vision.......and Bagger do not trust him
    BTW... I never recieved a first.......second or third chance for the things I never did or was I told ever........ever the things I did to recieve the treatment I had gotten from climb BOD.
    No worries though. Everyone I ride with or interact with knows the truth and this is why they rarely post any more

Neither did I sparty. I was actually told by vitti that I was spam!! That was the reason I was deleted. I actually looked up in the yabb forum rules reason for banning a person. They said that it should never happen and should be the absolute last resort. Only spammers should be banned it said.....and that's what he called me. Yabb by the way is software that they use on the site to power the forum. These are facts not a ***** fest boys. Never did I personally attack, use bad language, or troll around over loading the treads......but what I did do was question the "cool" people as to why they ride in conditions when they say to others not too or are drinking in the parking lots or have BBQ on govt property and drinking without an ok but I couldn't do that. Getting the picture? They are hypocrites......no freedom of speech on that site......but that's ok..

banned
    Jan 2013
    And sparty is right. Favoritism. That site is like high school. Very insecure people telling everyone how great they are. And if you take me seriously for one sec then you don't get it. I hope the mod of site doesn't take anything I post as being in any way malicious or mean spirited. I like the site 100000 better than that hole over there at climb. I wouldn't go back for a sec.

So mr vitti, I'm sure you would disagree which is your right. I love mtbing. It's a shame that you and your inner circle can't accept everyone. If you don't fit in....you are attacked and banned. Great policy.

mtbr member
    There is just no need for bashing. We can be adult about it whatever happened between you and someone over on climb keep it between you and them. Sparty has had a similar situation and have not heard him say anything negative. I am not saying that I believe either side, nor do I care to hear either side to determine who is right or wrong. Mike has not done me wrong,but neither have you or Sparty so in my book all are good but that's me. There is just no need for such childish antics that's all I am saying.

MTB Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by sje View Post
    BSP is one of my frequented trails.
    Although it's not that well organized, riding there with someone who
    knows the place is a good idea. After a while, you'll know how to piece
    together nice rides.
    I'd be happy to hook up for a tour.
    I'm a so-so rider but have alot of trail experience there.
    You can message me on another forum: CLIMBONLINE.ORG.
    I've got the same screename there.
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Ii must agree with the bang.......but I have seen name calling and bashing at the climb forum and nothing was done even when I brought attn to it.
    Also stating how one was treated or how you were treat is a fact and not bashing. We should be allowed to express how we were treated. This keeps everything in check and hopefully makes the people mis treating others aware of what they are doing to prevent it from happening agaian. I reiterate that this is not bashing

I am so sorry for hijacking this thread and do truely appologize. But the issue was brought up and I felt I had to interject.
    Apple I have the utmost respect for you.......... Thank you

banned
    Jan 2013
    Bashing would be calling the organization crap which they aren't. They do great things and keep the trails in awesome shape. That is my honest opinion. Also love that they add new trail and lobby for even more land to be made into new trails. The bagger and the boys actually at one time were members about 10 years ago.

The hypocrite thing is the issue, and always has been. Notice that sick4surf nor crock addressed that statement. Typical. Instead label us trouble makers or spam to shift the emphasis off of them and onto everyone else.

Sorry for hijacking the tread too......it won't happen again....by the by...hammered GR today. Great shape...get some.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions. Dalai Lama

Read more at 22 Things Happy People Do Differently | Life'd
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    what did I miss!
    Last edited by spartacus; 03-25-2013 at 07:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Just to clarify:

Everyone has personal problems, if we all went into a room and put three problems on a table but had to leave with three problems we would find that we would not want to trade our problems with someone else because their's are just as bad if not worse than our problems.

I spent several hours on the phone talking to a grown man about his desire to use a fictitious name on a cyber space website forum. I finally agreed to talk it over with the other moderators to allow you back but said it would take time. However, you went behind my back and called the head moderator to say that I said it was ok to immediately let you back. This caused a firestorm and eventually led to your banning once again.

As evidenced in this thread there are certain forum users who are high maintenance for our moderators.

We will continue to build, maintain and improve trail opportunities for all riders wether you like us or not. When you stand up and decide to be a leader like all of our board members, you are not afraid of being ridiculed or have dirt thrown at you by people hiding in the peanut gallery.

Now your creating a problem for the MTBR moderators, please stay on topic.
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hey everyone, crazy idea.
    Shut the F*ck up.

Anyone ride Bethpage State Park on LI?-cute-baby-cry-2011-wallpaper_1920x1200_92732.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Please read above and get your facts correct before typing and as I stated don't use this thread to continue this conversation. PM me !
    That should be understandable
    And thank you dumplin!

banned
    Jan 2013
    Okey
    Last edited by The OLE Bagger; 03-25-2013 at 10:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Well said Mike.
    Last edited by Stump 29; 03-25-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast