Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    There are several around Syracuse. Great bear in pheonix, highland forest in Tully/Pompey, skytop near su, green lakes in Fayetteville. Ummm I'm sure there are more.

The fatty loves the mud!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'v been dirt biking for 30 years in the areas southwest of Syracuse and know a lot of trails. I have ridden very few on MTB. Most of that area is very muddy and private land lots of hills. hunting season so its off my list until late spring. I'm not really new to MTB but have been getting more into it lately. I think I might try Skytopp saturday if the weather holds. Some of the posts above make it sound interesting. I live in Manlius so I'm close. Kevin

mtbr member
    I've been to skytop a few times. I tend to go around a lot of the stuff there. But my friends love it there. Just not exactly my type of riding. Well I'm a wuss. Ha ha.

Enjoy!

mtbr member
    Highland forrest is closed to bikes until next year, can you guys provide addresses so I can use the GPS to get there?

mtbr member
    I didn't realize highland closed. I like it there. Ill get you addresses later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerprix View Post
    I like it there.
    Me too.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by superk163 View Post
    I'v been dirt biking for 30 years in the areas southwest of Syracuse and know a lot of trails. I have ridden very few on MTB. Most of that area is very muddy and private land lots of hills. hunting season so its off my list until late spring. I'm not really new to MTB but have been getting more into it lately. I think I might try Skytopp saturday if the weather holds. Some of the posts above make it sound interesting. I live in Manlius so I'm close. Kevin
    I was in Bear Swamp last Tue when it was 60*. Even so it was wet and sloppy. Encountered a couple of hunters and asked them if they minded me poaching into their season. They said no, but even so I think I'm done. Pretty late for riding no matter if weather is unseasonable. The roads are swarming with deer so it's time respect hunting season and hope they can cull the herd.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiRt DeViL View Post
    Highland forrest is closed to bikes until next year, can you guys provide addresses so I can use the GPS to get there?
    Skytop is:
    640 Skytop Rd
    Syracuse, NY 13210

Great Bear Website

Green lakes Website
    7900 Green Lakes Road
    Fayetteville, NY 13066

Anything else?

mtbr member
    Skytop is:
    640 Skytop Rd
    Syracuse, NY 13210

Great Bear Website

Green lakes Website
    7900 Green Lakes Road
    Fayetteville, NY 13066

Anything else?
    Is there more?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Yes, but I don't know what they are called or where they are.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Last chance

Going to run Sky top Tomorrow around Noon. Looks sunny and almost 50. It Might be the last time we see weather that for a while. K.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm finally moving down to Syracuse this week (my lady is so happy!) and I'm bringing my FTB as pretty much my only source of entertainment. Anyone else ride throughout the winter? I'd like to find a few winter biking pals to ride pretty much anytime. I've rode a mtb at green lakes and shindagin, and a little up in the ADKs, but am looking forward to get out.

mtbr member
    I'm in warners right next to the fairgrounds. I'm in the bike building stages though, nothing to ride yet. Hopefully another month or two.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Winter

Once the snow fly's I'm usually done biking outdoors. The skiing and snowmobiling takes priority until warm weather returns. With the exception of Cranks Its a great indoor riding park that keeps you in tune until spring. K.

mtbr member
    I just moved into Bville and still taking stuff of boxes, hope to be able to take the bikes out soon instead of working, need some mud therapy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akowalczk View Post
    I'm finally moving down to Syracuse this week (my lady is so happy!) and I'm bringing my FTB as pretty much my only source of entertainment. Anyone else ride throughout the winter? I'd like to find a few winter biking pals to ride pretty much anytime. I've rode a mtb at green lakes and shindagin, and a little up in the ADKs, but am looking forward to get out.
    I really want to ride all winter. I really didn't have any time to ride this past summer, so I gained some weight and lost my bike abilities................. I really really need/want to ride. I miss it terribly!

Mike

mtbr member
    Well it would seem the weather is decent riding weather this winter, no snow and its a week from Christmas. Might as well get out and ride.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Dry as a bone

Rode Skytop last two days and its dry as a bone in there. May hit it again today.

mtbr member
    Since moving haven't touched the bikes, with the meltdown that we're having I'm considering taking the bikes out for a ride, where should I go?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I was planning on taking the bmx out before work today, and if there's sun tomorrow, I'll probably be blazing skytop in the morning.

Dev, if you're hungry for a challenge and wet feet, the power lines from Clarks res to Lafayette and back will be a bit of something, with all of the snowmobile-packed ice/snow. I'd recommend studs if you've got 'em.

mtbr member
    Skytop sounds good, haven't been there yet or maybe Great Bear which is closer to my place.

mtbr member
    Skytop sounds good, haven't been there yet or maybe Great Bear which is closer to my place.
    Contact great bear before you go there. They do not allow bikes in the winter time.

mtbr member
    Contact great bear before you go there. They do not allow bikes in the winter time.
    Had contacted them about it and the answer was positive, anyway sent another message asking again just to be on the safe side.

mtbr member
    Had contacted them about it and the answer was positive, anyway sent another message asking again just to be on the safe side.
    My buddy said the owners contacted him saying he wasn't allowed to ride in the snow there. I hope that isn't true.

mtbr member
    This is part of the answer I got after inquiring:

"Thank you for writing and your concern about riding your mtb during the winter.
    Great Bear is a share the trails area.
    Mountain bikes are allowed, with the expectation that riders use good judgement regarding the trail/weather conditions and others' use and enjoyment of the trails. (ie: xc-country skiing/snowshoeing)
    We hope that we get a cold solid ground with a good snow base for all of us to use and enjoy."

Anyway, as soon as they reply to my recent message will share it with you guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast