mtbr member

any riding near Pearl River, NY?

I just found out that I'm going to visit some of my wife's family in Pearl River NY for Thanksgiving. Anyone know of good mt biking in the area? Thanks in advance.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Come on over to Westchester for some awesomne riding at Graham Hills (Pleasantville), Blue Mountain (Peekskill), or Sprain Ridge in Yonkers,

Check out wmba.org for maps, group rides, and more info...

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    I'll check it out - thanks very much for the info
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein

'Tis but a scratch
    Unfortunately Rockland County has very little permitted Mountain Biking trails. There is a small area near Anthony Wayne Park in Harriman that it is permitted. Its not bad. So, you may want to check out, but its not someplace I frequent. Once you ride it a couple times, its a little boring. That is the only "allowed" area in Harriman. I did not say that it is the only "ridable" area in Harriman.

Other nearby places to ride include: Jungle Habitat, Wawayanda SP, Ringwood SP, Ramapo Mountain SP off Skyline Dr, the Westchester trails mentioned above. There are some limited "allowed" trails in Sterling Forest.

mtbr member
    Huffster - I appreciate the local knowledge

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    What type of riding you looking to do? I work at the shop in Pearl River, maybe I can point you in the right direction, but huffster is right Rockland Cnty is pretty bare as far as legal riding.

mtbr member
    I was hoping to find some singletrack but it sounds like there isn't too much - I appreciate all of the responses though

'Tis but a scratch

Singletrack (mileage from PR)

20 miles to Sprain Park in Yonkers, NY - loaded with singletrack

27 miles to Jungle Habitat in West Milford, NJ - loaded with singletrack

30 miles to Blue Mountain in Buchanon, NY - loaded with singletrack.

These 3 all have good maps on WMBA (NY) and www.JORBA.org | JORBA - You Dig? (NJ), respectively.

mtbr member
    Blue Bye ... not sure why you did not understand "awesome riding" as nice singletrack, but that's what we have over at the three parks I mentioned here in Westchester.

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    It sounded like huffster was implying there was not that much is all - I'm planning to check out wmba.org as you suggested and hopefully I can break away from the family activities over Turkey Day wknd to get my spin on