mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Any places to ride close to Lake George village?

Me and the family are going to be in Lake George for 3 days in July. I was hoping to bring my bike and squeeze in a few rides. Are there any trails close to the village of Lake George? Say within a 15 minute drive? if so please name them with approximate location.

thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    There are many options at your fingertips. Although there are many places right on/next to Lake George, the ease of access/legal bike vs hiking only/trail markings/finding someone to lead you around would make me suggest something just south. Right off exit 17south there is Moreau Lake State Park maybe 20 min at most from the Village. Also referred to as Spier Falls. There is a good hump up to climb to the loops/singletrack at the top of the ridge. Definitely rocky/rooty very technical trails. For a little bit easier trails, but still tech/fun/extensive and no long humping up hill, there is SMBA in Saratoga. From the Lake George Village it's about 40 minutes. Should be pretty easy to find someone to show you around either location but at SMBA you need to be a guest of a pass holder to keep the club covered.

SMBA

http://www.nysparks.com/parks/attach...SPTrailMap.pdf
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Like Lew said, both are worthy ride destinations (even from hours away).