mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Idea! Alright, how bout a LI rocky point group ride??

I'm older than the dirt at Rocky Point, but I'd be willing 2 set a weekend date for a group ride?? I'm talking intermediate run, Just a cruise, black diamond/20 ft drops can find another run...lmao?? Anyone got time b4 the season gets ugly??

H

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Just making sure that you're aware - there are bow hunters currently in RP, since 10/1, and on 11/1 shotgun season opens. The trail closes for riding from 11/1 till 4/1. Get there fast if you want to do it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    There's Black Diamond trails at RP ??

is red
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    There's Black Diamond trails at RP ??
    RP is my main trail. It's all relative I guess but some of the trails (shorty, log jam) are marked as double black and many more marked as single black. IMO many of the single blacks are almost indistinguishable from the normal trail (half pipes, water bottle hill, campsite and fern valley are quite fun though). This trail is not heavily technical but I think its fast and fun. As others have said I believe its closed for hunting season now so ill have to go elsewhere like glacier ridge or cathedral pines.
    2012 Trek/GF Cobia
    + Shimano PD-M530

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Rocky Point is really not Technical (at least for me). I do Know that there have been 2 MTB related Deaths at the trail and numerous injuries (1 involving a woman loosing her teeth on Fern)

The Technical aspect comes when going fast. Lo 1:30s are not unherd of and sub 1:30s are only accomplished by a few.......Things happen fast at speed.

we have reworked Shorty to make it faster........But as far as techy, RP lacks what other trails offer.....but the other trails do not offer the speed.

BTW....the opening date reflects perfect conditions. If things are crappy the date can be pushed back

banned
    Jan 2013
    Lo 1:30s for the bagger. The bagger can ride even though it has been said he can't by some. Down for a group ride. Always happy to meet new faces. Bagger out.