Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787

    2012 SMBA Mud Event- Saturday June 9th, 2012

    Last edited by jmitchell13; 05-31-2012 at 07:31 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787

    Santa Cruz Demos!!!

    Blue Sky Bicycles will have Santa Cruz demos there!!!


  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787
    We're also going to have several other vendors again this year, along with a bbq, drinks and group rides. We're also bringing back the free raffle. Everyone that shows up get an entry into the raffle, but this year we're going to sell additional tickets to help raise funds for more trail building tools.









  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    210
    How is the riding at this event?

    I will be headed to NY (Binghamton) but willing to drive up if the riding is good.

    I am flying in from So Cal and have no idea what the riding in NY is like.

    Thanks,

    Kirk

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    203
    I would consider coming, what is the pace of the riding? I would like to bring my kids with single speed bikes, is this event family/kid orientated?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    203
    also, is there a gate charge? Do attendees need to bring any money with them, I would assume yes, but ask to be sure.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    142
    I am considering coming up...but I am a relative newbie and a little slow...will there be much there for me?
    2012 Trek 4900
    2011 Trek 2.1
    1993 Giant Rincon

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787
    The trails are typical NE single track, rocky and rooty. The majority of the trails are on the higher end of difficulty, however we have beginner and intermediate trails to suit most mountain bikers.

    The event is totally FREE, ie no gate charge, free food and free beverages...

    We will have beginner, intermediate and advanced level rides going out in the morning and afternoon.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell13 View Post
    The trails are typical NE single track, rocky and rooty. The majority of the trails are on the higher end of difficulty, however we have beginner and intermediate trails to suit most mountain bikers.

    The event is totally FREE, ie no gate charge, free food and free beverages...

    We will have beginner, intermediate and advanced level rides going out in the morning and afternoon.
    So then it is family/kid friendly I assume? As this is labeled a Festival, I assume there is activities and such were the bbq area is and not just riding the trails?

    Sorry for all the tech questions, but this sounds like something I would want to do with the kids, just wanna make sure it will be worth the trip up for us.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit1 View Post
    So then it is family/kid friendly I assume? As this is labeled a Festival, I assume there is activities and such were the bbq area is and not just riding the trails?

    Sorry for all the tech questions, but this sounds like something I would want to do with the kids, just wanna make sure it will be worth the trip up for us.
    It's mostly riding and bbq. There isn't any specific family/kid related activities, but I'll be bringing my two kids with me (~6 & ~4). They love coming to it each year, but mostly to be around the bikes and crowd.

    Have you ever ridden at our trails in Saratoga? We will be at the clearing, which is about .5 miles along a gravel access road. Parking is not allowed on the access road, so you'll have to either ride or walk in. You can get a better idea if you check out the trail map, we will be at the location labeled "The Clearing".

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    203
    ok, got it... my kids are 11, 11, and 8... no, not twins, but could be.

    I have been to Saratoga, just not these trails.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell13 View Post
    It's mostly riding and bbq. There isn't any specific family/kid related activities, but I'll be bringing my two kids with me (~6 & ~4). They love coming to it each year, but mostly to be around the bikes and crowd.

    Have you ever ridden at our trails in Saratoga? We will be at the clearing, which is about .5 miles along a gravel access road. Parking is not allowed on the access road, so you'll have to either ride or walk in. You can get a better idea if you check out the trail map, we will be at the location labeled "The Clearing".
    Trail map can be found here: Saratoga Springs, Daniels Road

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787
    Here is the event schedule:


  14. #14
    Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Reputation: NEPMTBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,975

    New question here.

    Interested in attending, do you have GPS Co-ords to the start/parking area?

    Thanks
    Lee

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    Interested in attending, do you have GPS Co-ords to the start/parking area?

    Thanks
    Lee
    Parking is at the corner of Clinton and Daniels just north of Saratoga Springs. Here is a link to the location on google maps: https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=4...sz=15&t=m&z=15

    I'm also working on having additional parking at Skidmore College, off of Clinton Ave.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    203
    Good to know if I get to make it up there. My vehicle is on the fritz, so its touch and go at the moment

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •