Thread: 1 ride

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

1 ride

need some 411 here, as part of a trip to kingdom trails, need advice as to the best ride to be found on thr I87 corridor, 3 things to consider: lots of single track, camping and local brews, although #3 is not a deal breaker
    this will be part of the trip home to PA

'Tis but a scratch
    Based on where you are going to be in VT, I'd assume you want to do something in the Adirondacks or just south. I'm not real familiar so hopefully others will chime in. I have heard good things about SMBA trails up there. Check the link. Looks like some good stuff. I think Saratoga Springs is kind of a cool town and there has to be some local brew up there.

SMBA

Saratoga Springs, Daniels Road

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks huffster, i was beginning to think no rides in upstate NY, will check this out

mtbr member
    SMBA is the perfect place to ride and you can spend a pretty good day there and be exhausted afterwards.

There is a brewery in Saratoga but they don't have a "restaurant" attached to the brewery but there are enough food choices in and around saratoga with a lot of craft/micro brews on tap, so that shouldn't be an issue. If you want to check out the brewery the website indicates they keep a lot of beers on tap
    Olde Saratoga Brewing Company

There are also plenty of places to camp in Saratoga if you google it. I live an hour from the trails, so I've ridden them a bunch of times but obviously have never needed to camp there. But I know there are plenty of options available.

Nice town/vibe so I think it's probably one of the better spots for the things your looking for.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    thanks q, i had been to olde saratoga before cause they make the mendocino beers this is looking like the place thanks guys appreciate it

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I would defintly hit up SMBA. Then hang out in saratoga afterwards.
    Olde Saratoga only has a tasting room, where you can sample as many of their beers as you want, for as long as you want. Its definitly a great place to hand post ride.

There is a new brewpub in town too, Druthers Brewing Company | Saratoga Springs, NY Brewery and Restaurant
    They have good food and good beers on tap. The are right on broadway with a huge outdoor patio for a cool atmosphere.

When are you planning on coming through?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    leaving KT sometime sunday labor day weekend

mtbr member
    the pictures of Druthers look cool
    Has anyone been there yet?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdave View Post
    thanks huffster, i was beginning to think no rides in upstate NY, will check this out
    we got mountain ranges all around here (Catskills,adirondacks) ..so yeah, we have lots of trails...and beer too.
    If you want camping you should check out Moreau Lakes State Park. Great trails there, only a few exits north of SAratoga Springs...but will be tough to get a site this weekend.
    IMO...we have the best location going...you want to head into the mountains, done. You want to hit some city life, NYC, Boston, Montreal...all in easy reach.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico2000 View Post
    the pictures of Druthers look cool
    Has anyone been there yet?
    Yes. The beers are good, but not stellar. The food is good. What really sets this place apart is the location and their massive outdoor seating area.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slowdave View Post
    leaving KT sometime sunday labor day weekend
    When are you looking to ride? Sunday afternoon or Monday? Depending on the day and time, I might be able to meet up and give you a tour.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    depends on when we leave KT if it all works out we could possibly ride later sunday and definitely mon, but hard to nail down time i'll send you a pm with my cell # and i can contact you as plans unfold, thanks j