mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Stewart State Forest etiquette.

So, I was at Stewart today riding at an easy pace with my wife about 50 yards behind me. We were heading up a slight grade on a singletrack section of Camp when some dumba*s comes barreling down towards us at full speed yelling at us "stay to the right!" Lol, what an idiot. First off, we couldn't be any further right, I was basically stopped out of courtesy, and this tough guy has an attitude because, apparently he was trying to podium or something, who knows. A couple minutes later the other 2 with him came down and actually recognized that you need to slow down and move right if you have people heading up. I felt bad they had to ride with that fool. I hope somehow he sees this. Anyway, has anyone else had this type of experience at Stewart? It seems like the people there are generally so focused on themselves and don't even want to acknowledge you with a hello or anything. I made a friendly gesture or comment to half a dozen riders, with zero response. Maybe it's just New York..bunch of self centered robots. Vent over.

mtbr member
    Always some assholes out there. I always thought the uphiller had right of way. Generally people are pretty friendly in there, unless they're locked to their Strava.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Never been real crowded when I was there. Went Thursday and was treated to the Blue Angels practicing for the weekend air show. We basically had the place to ourselves. BTW, there's always one in the crowd. Hopefully, just one. Still need to hook up manny. Did 909 today with 6 others.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
    Never been real crowded when I was there. Went Thursday and was treated to the Blue Angels practicing for the weekend air show. We basically had the place to ourselves. BTW, there's always one in the crowd. Hopefully, just one. Still need to hook up manny. Did 909 today with 6 others.
    Today was super busy at Stewart..tried going early but we didn't get there til 9:15. Btw, the air show was pretty cool- we parked up by the fedex buildings off 17k..best spot to watch outside the venue. Anyway, maybe we can meet up this Sunday? Ill keep in touch about that. If there's any other day that works instead just let me know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfnz View Post
    Today was super busy at Stewart..tried going early but we didn't get there til 9:15. Btw, the air show was pretty cool- we parked up by the fedex buildings off 17k..best spot to watch outside the venue. Anyway, maybe we can meet up this Sunday? Ill keep in touch about that. If there's any other day that works instead just let me know.
    Sunday looks to be the best of days. Rain Friday and into Saturday. Hopefully it won't be sloppy. I hate slop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil View Post
    Hello Dr Evil. Allow myself to introduce... myself. So, I'm planning on riding at Stewart tomorrow (Sun) around 1pm. Let me know if you might wanna meet up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfnz View Post
    Hello Dr Evil. Allow myself to introduce... myself. So, I'm planning on riding at Stewart tomorrow (Sun) around 1pm. Let me know if you might wanna meet up.
    pm incoming.