mtbr member
    Feb 2004

NYNJTC Now Diversifying to Multi Use

So after years of advocating for multi use with the NYNJTC, this included myself and a few others becoming board members at large within the organization to advocate for multi use, we finally have them as a partner in building multi use trails in Sterling Forest NY.

Additionally, after over 90 years in existence, the NYNJTC has removed the word "hiking" from their mission statement. They are now officially a "trails" organization and will embrace diversity on the trails that are appropriate. It was a long group effort.

Thanks everyone who came to help and is continuing to help. Did I mention it was a group effort. This video is of an optional line off the main single track trail in Sterling Forest. Now get over to Sterling Forest and help them finish building our trail!

Did I say itís a group effort? Now that group includes you too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NYNJTC Now Diversifying to Multi Use-img_8026.jpg  

Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    That's great to hear. The group I work with seems to be happy with building bike trails here as well.

mtbr member
    Can you give us a website or a number where we can make donations, or a plan to help finish, or maintain the trails? Iím only 45 minutes away, and Iíd love to ride there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by demonlarry View Post
    Can you give us a website or a number where we can make donations, or a plan to help finish, or maintain the trails? Iím only 45 minutes away, and Iíd love to ride there!!

Trail building is managed by NYNJTC. https://www.nynjtc.org/trailcrew/ste...est-trail-crew The 5 day a week schedule will taper off by the end of November, but there will be continued volunteer days after that.

Palisades MTB is also part of the effort. Check Facebook for info on sponsored build days and the multi use trails in Sterling. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PalisadesMTB/

If you want to support the effort financially become a member of PalisadesMTB.org, NYNJTC and JORBA. If you want to make a large contribution I suggest you show up at a build event and figure out what is best for you as there are a lot of different ways to do it due to the number of parties involved.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuniMan26 View Post
    Trail building is managed by NYNJTC. https://www.nynjtc.org/trailcrew/ste...est-trail-crew The 5 day a week schedule will taper off by the end of November, but there will be continued volunteer days after that.

Palisades MTB is also part of the effort. Check Facebook for info on sponsored build days and the multi use trails in Sterling. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PalisadesMTB/

If you want to support the effort financially become a member of PalisadesMTB.org, NYNJTC and JORBA. If you want to make a large contribution I suggest you show up at a build event and figure out what is best for you as there are a lot of different ways to do it due to the number of parties involved.
    Thanks for the info!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    For a limited time, donations for the Tuxedo Trails will be matched:

https://www.nynjtc.org/civicrm/contr...?reset=1&id=12
    Michael Vitti
    CLIMB President
    www.CLIMBonline.org
    www.IMBA.com
    NY State Trails Council Member