mtbr member
    May 2006

Graham Hills - What happened to Disneyland?

So, I just got back on the bike after a 9 year hiatus and have been going to Graham Hills fairly regularly. I'm now at a point where I kind of remember where things are, but one thing that keeps throwing me off is it seems that Disneyland is kind of still there but hasn't been ridden at all... (Disneyland is the really twisty trail between marker 7 & 6). I didn't remember being able to ride directly from 7 to 5 like you can now. I used to wrap up my rides on the white trail and then make the left at 8 and ride the downhill from 8 to 7 and then go directly into Disneyland from there and then make the right at 6 to head back to the parking lot.

In short, are we not supposed to be riding it anymore? The Trail intersection at 6 is still pretty clear, but I can't find where it tied in at 7. When I try to ride it from 6 to 7, I end up losing the trail because it is so covered with leaves. It looks like it hasn't been used at all and I don't want to ride "off-trail" and cause any damage to the park. It used to be a fun little section for the tail end of a ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Disneyland got sort of forgotten. Some people found it more "fun" to simply go fall line straight down and make a stupid cut down the hill. Since that happened Disney got no love. Despite trying to close off the cut connecting 5-7 it always re-opens. Disney is still there but gets no traffic, so it is hard to follow.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    Disneyland got sort of forgotten. Some people found it more "fun" to simply go fall line straight down and make a stupid cut down the hill. Since that happened Disney got no love. Despite trying to close off the cut connecting 5-7 it always re-opens. Disney is still there but gets no traffic, so it is hard to follow.
    Are there trail maintenance days there? I would love to try to clean up Disneyland as it really was a fun little section... I'd just have to go with someone who better remembers where it was because it has been so long for me I haven't had any luck with following it.