Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ellicottville Trails - awesome

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  420Treks 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post this to Dennis at Ellicottville Bike Shop and all the other guys down there that helped clear most of the trails at Ellicottville. In another thread I had posted that I was planning on coming down to ride only if the trails were dry enough and after hearing that they were dry I was down this Monday past.

Anyway, all was good, I even managed to pop into see Dennis at the bike shop and grab some Stans Juice.

I gotta say, you guys have some nice trails! a little more hilly and rooty than what I am used to up here, but nice and flowy for sure! I did 3.5hrs with a 5min break in there somewhere and managed to start at at the Eagle Trail Parking area and made it all the way in to the bottom of Porcupine - but being concerned with day light and me leaving my lights in the car backtracked my way out. I know probably not a great pace but that was my first real ride of the season and we just don't have the same kind of long hills here in my neck of the woods.

Anyway, I'm babbling, thanks for the great work on the trails they were awesome :thumbsup: and if anyone wants to do the drive up to Durham Forest (about 45min outside of Toronto) feel free to drop me a line.

Dennis

p.s. - if anyone happens to come across a small black Sony waterproof/shockproof camera feel free to also drop me a line! otherwise 50yrs from now some hiker may come across it and wonder what strange people were there before!

D

See less See more
#2 ·
Yup, those trails are SICK!! My brother lived there for a few years and I rode with him every now and then. We would normally start in town and head out to Holimont. Climb Holimont and take the FLT over to Holiday Valley, do part of the HV race loop, then bust into the techy stuff (Porcupine, Rim, Bent Rim, Rock City) then finish with using whatever energy we had left to race each other down Eagle at Mach Chicken.

I would definitely recommend getting down there with a couple similarly-paced and -styled riders for a weekend. It would definitely be worth it. Bummer about your camera......Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.