Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Black Fly Challange

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  douglas 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have done, or plan on doing the Black Fly Challenge? If you haven't heard of it, it's a 40 mile race between Inlet and Indian Lake in the Adirondack Mountains.

I'm considering doing it, but not sure about this year as I'm not sure I'll be ready for a 40 mile ride in the saddle.

#12 ·
Did this a few years ago on a Santa Cruz Superlight (26er). Locked out the rear and used a semi-slick tire for speed. At the time it was the longest ride I had ever done and it was a blast. Since your probably not going to be in contention to win the race it doesn't really matter what kind of bike you race it with. A majority of the people doing it are doing it for fun and as a challenge but not with the expectation they're going to win.

#15 ·
I've done the BFC every year since 2005. Had the most fun and my fastest time last year riding my Pugsley fat bike. Of course the conditions were the best I've seen.

I really enjoy this race and it motivates me to get in shape early in the year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.