mtbr member

Binghamton, NY area

Hi all...I'm on another relocation temp move and am looking for some trails in the Binghamton, NY area...any recommendations?
    experience life

Trek RSS, GT Force FS, Diamondback Podium (Commuter)

www.atheistphilbiz.blogspot.com

Wanna ride bikes?
    i was down there once, there's some good riding. check in at Chenango Point Cycles, they can point you in the right direction. there is a pretty sweet MTB park within riding distance from there. i don't know the name of it, but we did a 6 hour ride hitting all kinds of trails around town, guided by the guys at that shop.
    Rigid SS 29er
    Hardtail 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

Dudette
    Quote Originally Posted by hesston View Post
    Hi all...I'm on another relocation temp move and am looking for some trails in the Binghamton, NY area...any recommendations?
    Welcome to Bingo! +1 on Chenango Point Cycles leading you in the right direction. Lots of great biking in the area: Jones Park, Chenango Valley State Park (entrance fee through Labor Day weekend), Shindagin Hollow State Forest (outside of Ithaca, about a 45 minute drive from Binghamton), Oakley Corners, Jenksville, and if you're into downhill, Greek Peak has a bunch of lift-serviced trails now. Check out Cycle-CNY (on FB) for more info and group ride listings (we're out of Ithaca, so most posted rides are in that area, but we do venture down into Binghamton and surrounding areas) or the Binghamton Mountain Bikers group. Come on out to the Shindagin Shindig on August 27th from 10am - ? for some demos and fun. Welcome!
    Guerrilla Gravity BAMF, RideGG, Cycle-CNY

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I was in Binghamton a few months ago and hit a place called Jones Park in Vestal it was solid.

index

mtbr member
    Oneonta NY has great trails, depending on where you are in Binghamton it's about an hour drive. A good weekend trip though. The downside, I've been riding there for years and still have no idea where I am so I only ride there with other people. You can't get dangerously lost but to make a drive and just tool around not knowing what's good etc, is really annoying. Mtbproject.com has some of the trails on there to at least put some sections together. Still worth going and checking out.

I also think a group in Franklin, NY (off I88 - on the way to Oneonta) has some new trails they've built. Might be worth checking out.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806