Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Allaire St Park Camping/Biking Weekend

943 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gt2brew 
#1 ·
So I'm in the midst of planning a camping trip for a small group, I was wondering if any locals knew where the trails where in terms the campsites? The whole point of this trip was to do some riding but I cant seem to find any real info on the trail system on the state website, or any real maps. I had a tought time trying to piece together google maps, the state provided maps, and mtbnj.com maps.. Anybody done a trip like this before that has any tips? Or even anyone that knows the area well would be a help. thanks! :)

#2 ·
Trails in Allaire

I have never camped in Allaire, but I think most of the camp sites are along Allaire Road. The biking trails are best accessed from Hospital Road along the eastern edge of the park. You can ride the paved bike trail east from the main entrance of Allaire and Hospital Road will be the first real street crossing. Turn right and about a half mile up the road you will see a large parking area on your right. That is the parking for the bike trails. Enjoy.

#3 ·
2 sites

There are 2 camp sites at Allaire. One is near I-195 on Allaire Rd/ Atlantic Ave. and is west of the multi-use trails on Hospital Rd. The other is a group site which is next to the Parkway, this site is across the street from the Hospital rd lot and is within easy reach of the trail system across the street. Maps are available here: http://www2.jorba.org/index.php?title=Allaire_Trail_Users_Group
Hope you have a good time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.