saddlemeat

Zuni Mountain 100

Featuring 50 miles of singletrack (real old skool singletrack made by mountain bikes, no old road corridor, no two track, no mini bulldozer/bench cut crap) guaranteed to scratch your singletrack itch... prolly til it bleeds if you opt for the 100.

7:00 am start time, with an additional start time at 9:30 for 50 milers. Last year we had one 100 mile finisher, hoping for a few more this year. Many opted for the brew contest over riding another 50 miles, I guess.

More info at:

http://nmes.wordpress.com/5-zuni-mou...00-forum-2009/

http://www.galluptrails2010.com/annual-party
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

Kathleen in AZ
    Wow... that sounds like fun. Wish I could attend but I'll be tossing my DH bike down the hill at Bootleg in NV that weekend

Bill... on my way back from GITA this past Monday I thought for sure I passed you on I-40. Do you drive a small white pickup with lots of bike stickers?

Bandolero

Two Out of Three Ainít Bad

Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl
    Wow... that sounds like fun. Wish I could attend but I'll be tossing my DH bike down the hill at Bootleg in NV that weekend

Bill... on my way back from GITA this past Monday I thought for sure I passed you on I-40. Do you drive a small white pickup with lots of bike stickers?
    DG, RCC might be passing through Bootleg on/about then too. Can you give him some leads on a guide/hand holder? He's pretty acrobatic so shouldn't have any problems with those puny hills.

See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

saddlemeat

That certainly resembles me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bsieb
    That certainly resembles me!
    Yup! I remember the Surly sticker Do you recall a dirty silver 4Runner with a *****in orange Lenz and silver Turner DHRon a hitch mount zipping on by? I even tried calling you but the number I have from my last Gallup visit must have been a home phone (lady's voice on voice mail) so I hung up. Next time I'll run you off the road to get your attention.

saddlemeat
    Yup! I remember the Surly sticker Do you recall a dirty silver 4Runner with a *****in orange Lenz and silver Turner DHRon a hitch mount zipping on by? I even tried calling you but the number I have from my last Gallup visit must have been a home phone (lady's voice on voice mail) so I hung up. Next time I'll run you off the road to get your attention.
    Ya know, that does ring a bell. I remember thinking, "Gee, those are real bikes, must be some cool people."

Mooning me usually gets my attention, or throwing beer at me.

I'll PM you my current cell #.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    Bill, that sounds like a great time. I'd be there for the 50-miler if I didn't already have other plans. Rick is making noises about a Gallup trip before the snow flies too heavily, so perhaps another time will work out for us soon. We still owe you some beer for showing us around last time. Regards,
    - Joe
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.