Mythical Creature

Zozobra 'Cross - THIS WEEKEND!

Rich (rs3o) and I are bringing the Nob Hill Velo CX Crazy Crew up to Santa Fe for a couple of races in the NMCX (NM Cyclo-Cross)series. First one is this weekend, on Sunday OCT 19th - and the second one is Sunday NOV 9th. The venue for both is located at Fort Marcy Park / Magers Field complex - the park where the annual Zozobra (aka Old Man Gloom) burning takes place, and is smack-dab in the middle of downtown Santa Fe. So food, coffee, and more turquoise than you can shake a stick at are all at hand near by.

Amazingly - we have tons of free parking nearby - and the use the Fort Marcy Gym bathrooms. Please follow the instructions on the flyer and do not park at the actual gym parking lot. There's lot's of parking as noted on the flyer, next to the tennis courts and ballfields of Murales Road.

So get ready to blow the carbon out of the cylinders and chase Old Man Gloom away on Sunday! It's cheap - juniors race free, and 'grown ups' are only $15. It's an amazing, fun, crazy time on a bike - or to spectate at. Bring your mountainbike - as the course will not necessarily favor those weird bastard child cross bikes necessarily - as it's mostly dirt, stairs, bridges, and steep climbs/descents. So anyone can try it out and I'd bet have a good time.

Here's the flyer:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dcgtqjc9_48mbm3rncr

Spread the word!
    Last edited by glenzx; 10-14-2008 at 03:58 PM.
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Thems is crosswords your speaking!

About time that five letter word got mentioned here. My efeminate mtb is ready, but I'm not sure I am. But I'll be there with or without the bike. I've upgraded to pro, cause I heard you have a 20 place paydown.

C Cow

Thread Pollution
    Get BIZZY,serious amount of goat heads at the lowest bridge in fort marcy park,crossing the arroyo over to old Taos hwy.

Mythical Creature

It's true...

Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    Get BIZZY,serious amount of goat heads at the lowest bridge in fort marcy park,crossing the arroyo over to old Taos hwy.
    We'll avoid that lowest bridge / area, as a lot of folks use it to get to the gym. We'll be out here tomorrow at lunchtime "pre-riding" our likely course. C'mon out and try it with us - just don't blow out your ACL like our buddy Jim did last Thursday!

But yes, there are some goathead prone areas if one strays a millimeter from some of the paths - so sealant would be quite prudent - lot's of it!
    Last edited by glenzx; 10-16-2008 at 08:08 PM.
    follow me on Twitter!
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Thread Pollution
    would if i was in town.Glad to see the x thing happening in SantaFe. I'll give it try on my Xss that weighs over 20 pounds..on November the 9..

Mythical Creature

Done Deal!

Full race report and photos here:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=150921
    follow me on Twitter!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

ZoZo Cross

Thanks for the great race! I got my monies worth.

It was a great double race weekend, with the hot Mesa Del Sol events Saturday. Got my monies worth there too.

Sand and goatheads one day, steeps and stairs the next. I'm one tired cow today.

C Cow
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz