I <3 NM

YouTube vs Vimeo

I'm trying to get into making mtb vids and I notice a lot of you guys who do vids use Viemo instead of YouTube. Is there a reason for this? I've been using YouTube, but thought I'd give Vimeo. So far, it seems Vimeo uploads faster, but I had a hard time making my uploaded video HD. Is there something I need to check before I up load it? Sometimes it's in HD and other times not. No real reason that I can tell why it is or isn't in HD. Any advice?

Vimeo:

YouTube:
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Airborne Flight Crew
    I think quality-wise, they're the same. I use Vimeo mainly because I can use whatever music I want in my videos, and vimeo won't block the sound (yet). Plus I like their interface better... Youtube is sorta the 'myspace' of videos, cluttered and noisy.

As long as the vid you are uploading is "HD" dimensions, it should display as HD on the player. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to update the file. First, they just upload and low-res placeholder thing, but after a few minutes, the HD version should be viewable.

I clicked on your ABQ Ride Mix vimeo link and it displayed as HD when it came up.

YouTube vs Vimeo-vimeo-screen.jpg
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Airborne Flight Crew
    Cool video too, btw
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Airborne Flight Crew
    Good tip on the song clipping, I'll have to try it.

My vids are rarely longer than 3-5 minutes, so Vim hasn't been a problem. Historically, my computers have been pretty underpowered, so editing things longer than about 5 min wasn't an option. What' the limit on Youtube?
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website