Single Speed Junkie

WTF Hit while commuting

Watch out for a late 90's white Ford F-250 with matching topper. Plate # is 853-PAT. Driver is highly aggressive towards cyclist to the point of striking them with the truck.

Rolling
    Report them to the police.

Oh wait, it's NM....prolly was a cop.

7MGTE
    WTF! Some JA hit you? I would report it maybe he will get arrested for hit and run or I guess I should say lets hope.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Call the cops!!! He will just do it again and again. Guy just got busted up here that had been bugging me for years, thanks to all of the reports I had made he is getting some serious time in the can.
    They may not catch your guy this time but a record of problems will make his life hell when he does get caught!

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388
    WTF! Some JA hit you? I would report it maybe he will get arrested for hit and run or I guess I should say lets hope.

You may be able to press assault charges as well..
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

banned
    What exactly happened and where? What were the circumstances surrounding the incident? Sounds a bit one sided so far.

Don't be so quick to judge, some cyclists (like myself) can be asshats on the road. Cylcists should understand that if you are willing to break the law (running stop signs etc...) or act as though you are "entitled" to have the right of way, even on busy urban streets, then you should be willing to face the consequence.

I am only playing devils advocate in this case...I do understand that drivers should be more alert to cyclists.

Single Speed Junkie
    [QUOTE=Mtn. Biker123]What exactly happened and where? What were the circumstances surrounding the incident?[QUOTE]

Happened south bound on Ventura, just south of Paseo. Stopped at the intersection in the right lane. When the light turned green I started off towards the white line on the far edge of the road. Right after the intersection is when I heard the turbo on the diesel kick in.

Going back to the light the truck was in the left lane. You can play playing devils advocate all you like, but this was no accident.

I did contact the cops, have a few living in the neighborhood. Ran the plate and it is registered to a Camero, not Ford. Cops suspect it is a stolen plate.

I have lost good friend's after being hit by autos on the road. Regardless of their attitude, if their an asshat like B mentioned or followed every rule to the letter of the law, the outcome is the same.

banned
    Bummer, at least there were no physical injuries.

So, was your bicycle damaged?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I agree that if we are going to be aggressive bike riders on the road there are consequences like a horn or a finger but to use the vehicle as a weapon is an entirely different thing, that crosses a line. I expect to be yelled at sometimes even fought with, people are pissed and I am aggressive, but when people swerve to hit me with their vehicle that weighs 7,000 LBS and I weigh 165 with the bike, the cops need to be involved, that person does not belong on the road.

Glad you are here to talk about it Crux.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by greg de taos
    to use the vehicle as a weapon is an entirely different thing, that crosses a line. .
    Yea, the line it crosses is assault with a deadly weapon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

That's What I'm Talking About

http://www.durangoherald.com/section...with_felonies/

A Bayfield man suspected of threatening bicyclists with his pickup was formally charged Thursday in District Court.

Todd Grooms, 41, was charged with five counts of felony menacing with a deadly weapon and five counts of misdemeanor reckless endangerment. He also was charged with reckless driving, a traffic offense.