Thread: Windsor Trail

How much further ???

Windsor Trail

So Im coming to stay in Albuquerque for a week over 4th of July and my bother in law heard that Winsor Trail in Sante Fe is a great trail. Ive done a bit of googling and havent found much other than the rather pathetic video below.

Regardless I was wondering if this trail is worthy of a trip up to Sante Fe and how logistically it is ridden. Looks like one TH is accessable from the west via 475 and the other is on the east side near Cowles off of 63. Is this typically shuttled or ridden up and back down from the east side?

Are there any better trails nearby? Up / down doesnt matter too much just looking for good flow/ technical mix.

Last edited by Douger-1; 06-04-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

I ride with tools
    Windsor is a fine trail, nice easy XC cruising, nothing very techy until you get above Pacheco Canyon Road. Ride it up and back from the trailhead in Tesuque, it's at the end of County Road 72A off of Bishops Lodge Road between Santa Fe and Tesuque.

Better yet is to park at Nun's Corner (first creek crossing on Hyde Park Road 1/4 mile past 10,000 Waves), ride the road 1 mile up to Chamisa trailhead, and climb over the ridge to Windsor. Ride up Windsor 'til you're done, backtrack to Chamisa, then hit Sidewinder/Serpent and BAM you're back at the car.

Get a map, there's several other options but I'm not getting paid for this.

mtbr member
    Below are some links to the IMBA Summit rides I put together, including a great Winsor (note spelling) shuttle ride that adds Dale Ball.

https://docs.google.com/presentation...g1fef9fec_0_45
    (take a right instead of left after you pass 24 and go down Cerro Gordo if you do the full Winsor ride indicated. You can also get off at where the yellow line gets back to the highway as "Jim" indicated.

Santa Fe Bike Maps | Santa Fe Fat Tire Society

Ending Winsor in Tesuque isn't that great IMO unless you like lots of water crossings and to eat right after ride at the market.

Goes w/o saying but please slow heavily and be cool to hikers as you come across them, then get back up to speed and enjoy. We want to keep the trails open bikers and this is an easy one to bomb.
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte