Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I <3 NM
    We've only got one witch around here...

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    What is really going on Sage Cat ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

What is really going on

What’s going on is that someone with a fake name is publishing fished up gossip from anonymous sources to accuse and convict me of, dare I say it, .. rock moving….. yikes!

I was clear in my first post that it was not me. I have tried to private message this brave person to clear this up, but they won’t reply.

There are very few women mtbrs and trail-builders in SF, so I can understand the assumption, but not the desire to convict me. I informed Delnorte with a PM that I have been up on Sidewinder Burn only once this year, over two months ago. It could not have been me. I asked him to remove his post. Whatever “lady” he is after, is not me.

Well, Phoenixbikes, since you asked what’s going on, I’ll fill you in on what I've been up to:Here is my volunteer schedule since January:

From January to June I took a five-month class by the SFNF and got certified as a trail crew leader. I have spent over a hundred hours on trail crews just this year, including training YCC crews.

In April, as a League Certified Instructor for the League of American Bicyclists, I taught several free Bicycle 123 Classes for adults and kids in Santa Fe.

In March, I got certified for CPR, First Aid, AED, etc.

In May, I led “bike trains” for bike to school day.

In May, I became certified as both a crosscut and chainsaw sawyer for the SFNF. (Notice the tree on upper Winsor between PCR and Big T was cleared last weekend?)

In May, I organized and sponsored a Northern NM Pueblos Bicycle Day for Kids: we fixed about 80 bikes and trained about 50 kids in bike safety and vehicular cycling.

In June I went to Angel Fire and graduated from a 3-day class put on by Whistler, BC and became a certified, level 1, mountain bike instructor.

In July and August I taught 5 clinics for Pedal Queens on Mountain Bike Basics.

Also, a group of us revised and reprinted the New Mexico Driver’s Manual to add a section, “Bicycles are Vehicles” and got new media printed and distributed. Last month I was teaching teens at drivers ed about bicycle safety.

All of this I did for free while working, riding, being with my family and hanging in Nicaragua.

During this time, dirt, rocks, trees and duff have been moved, but not on the Burn, and while advocating for rough, natural lines. I invite you to join me on these work days. If you are still not clear on my position, re-read my first post. Otherwise, join the witch hunt, and then, I demand a “trial by beer.” All of the “bike shops” and all the “people on the street” and the secret “witness,” call me and let’s throw down some hops.

I'm goin' ridin'.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by delnorte View Post
    After talking to many different riders in the Santa Fe MTB community, word on the street is that Sage Cat was the person removing rocks from that trail. Everybody in the shops are saying it was her, too. WTF?????
    Apparently, there was a witness that knows her (thanks, you know who you are), that saw her during the act, whom confirmed the story.
    Please, say it ain't so.
    Also, now there is a huge wash-out rut down the middle of that trail that was never there before the best/trickiest rock feature was removed from the path. This really sucks.
    in red:
    unless you saw it you don't know.

in blue:
    have that witness come forward so Sage Cat can defend herself 'face-to-face'.

this whole 'I heard from someone who thought they saw and was pretty sure it's who i'm saying' is lame.

in green:

she says it ain't so....

so either prove it, or stop spreading rumors....

Note: I have no dog in this show - if she did it she has to answer for sanitizing. If she didn't some of y'all owe her an apology.
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

workin' it Administrator
    I am also going to jump in here and comment that accusations on a user name basis, posting of private PM's and using real names on posts of accusations is a fast way to get a time out. Obviously Sage Cat is taking the high road here. Others are taking a much lower road.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I haven't been on sidewinder lately or seen the latest sanitizing, but I do know Sage Cat and I know that she knows more about sustainable trail maintenance than most of us and I also know that she is not one to alter a trail to make it faster.

So I'm calling bullsh!t on delnorte's source.

-Mike C.
    Last edited by chapman505; 09-07-2012 at 05:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Last edited by Fuglio; 09-08-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Stucco Bucket
    Who needs daytime TV when you have NM forum

I <3 NM
    ..and the first snow flake has yet to fall this season.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixbikes View Post
    What is really going on Sage Cat ?
    Glad I asked. It'd be nice to know who the real culprit is.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    sorry for the deletions - a previously permabanned user keeps coming back.

he's easy to hammer....and i've banned his puppets at least 40 times....
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Last edited by rpinata; 09-08-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    The Dude abides.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Plant them Deep, they seem to only move the low hanging fruit. Notice how that 12" drop off rock on DB east has never moved (behind the house that was build post DB trail system)...I know, they developed a path around it. I'll have to plant another.

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    sorry for the deletions - a previously permabanned user keeps coming back.

he's easy to hammer....and i've banned his puppets at least 40 times....
    ..gangnam style.

mtbr member
    After communicating with Sage, I don’t believe it was her doing the work. The person they saw is definitely someone who looks like Sage. At least keep an eye out for a person like this on that trail. I at least hope that the word is out enough to limit this trail project to only what has occurred at this point.

This is one of my favorite trails, and when I noticed the large, embedded rocks being torn out, I was very upset and vocal about it. Having my panties all in a wad, and obviously being pretty upset about it, I was easily spurred to over react.

I should have asked Sage first, before going with that info to a public forum. Hindsight is 20/20. When I was told that they saw Sage, I overreacted and ran my mouth too soon, for sure. I definitely should have asked her before just going to a public forum with those statements. I’m certain that it was not her. Sage, my apologies for openly using info that I had not verified through you first.

Thread Pollution
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Um, what does this little vid have to do with anything ?

mtbr member
    Phoenix, the snowflakes are falling
    nix that, livin la vida bandos is a good idea when you're on a Mojo HD

"babies don't drink coors" - del norte

I <3 NM
    Well, flakes of some kind anyway.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Must be missing the joke...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Thanks man

We're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by delnorte View Post
    Edit:

I should have asked Sage first, before going with that info to a public forum. Hindsight is 20/20. When I was told that they saw Sage, I overreacted and ran my mouth too soon, for sure. I definitely should have asked her before just going to a public forum with those statements. I’m certain that it was not her. Sage, my apologies for openly using info that I had not verified through you first.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Rode Atalaya the other day. The whole trail was swept clean, like a perfect sidewalk! It was like that from Wilderness Gate to the top. Strange. Not a rock the size of a dime on the whole trail. Hard to believe someone has the time and effort to do this kind of work. (Must be done for the folks who can barely walk up it with their trekking poles, let alone ride it.) Almost seems skateboardable!

mtbr member
    Rode the South Foothills yesterday and it's a mess. So many holes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who the F is removing rocks from Sidewinder/Juan/Burn?-imag0536a.jpg  

The Dude abides.

Genius
    Yes. "Mountain Bikers for Trail Maintenance" is the group who have adopted this section. They are either doing the sanitation, or doing nothing about it. Every day for the last month rocks have been removed. Destructively removed via sledgehammer. I have called and emailed Jim Sattler and Jolynn Maestas with the City Open Space to make him aware but it has had little to know effect. Be cause I may be the only one that has attempted to contact him I invite you all to make an attempt as well and hopefully if he gets 50 emails on this very topic it will get his attention.

This contact info has been taken from the city's webpage to I have no problem posting it here.

Trail Watch Volunteers

Trail Watch Volunteers are the foundation of the volunteer program - essentially, all volunteers are trained to be Trail Watch. Trail Watch is ideal for those volunteers who enjoy using the trails. Often referred to as Open Space "eyes and ears", these volunteers patrol areas of their choice and record observations, report problems and needs, and educate the public on proper resource use.

Call Jolynn Maestas at 452-5207 or email jmaestas@cabq.gov for information.
    Adopt-an-Open Space

As an extension of the Trail Watch Volunteer program, the Adopt-an-Open Space program was formed to concentrate stewardship in a targeted area. TWV duties are applied, but adopters also agree to organize at least one group project per year. Some areas may require more scheduled projects within a year. In the foothills, individuals or groups can adopt trails and assist with the essential maintenance of these visitor corridors. In the bosque, groups of 10 or more can adopt restoration areas and help with non-native plant control and trail maintenance. At the City's expense, a sign is installed in the adopted area recognizing the adopters efforts.

Call Jim Sattler at 452-5213 or email jsattler@cabq.gov for information.

Please take a moment to contact both of them by email, phone, or both and send them any pictures or pertinent information so this madness can be addressed.

Albuquerque Open Space Trail Damage at Copper Trail 365
    "I think im gonna go to walmart and look at the mountain bikes and see if i can salvage the rear frame."- Nick_Knipp 3/21/12

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast