Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    banned
    Jan 2014

Where are you riding today?

I wanna do something different. Throw me a bone!

mtbr member
    Bosque!!!!

banned
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Bosque!!!!
    Sweet. pj says the FatBike is fun out there right now, with all the sand. At least you'll get a really good workout.

Oh, and take it easy on the Mrs. this time!

mtbr member
    this is spot i had in mind...

https://plus.google.com/102816097811...ut?gl=us&hl=en

not this spot specifically but just the whole surrounding area. theres bound to be good trails to explore

banned
    Jan 2014
    I've been up there way back in the day, but it had snow. We started on a trail that headed up towards one of the peaks. If I remember correctly, most of the good trails are closed to bikes.

mtbr member
    i was trying to see if it was wilderness or not but the site is poorly maintained a lacking in basic information

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Probably just a quick ride through the Corrales Bosque. It's nice that I live within a 3 minute ride to the trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwothree View Post
    I wanna do something different. Throw me a bone!
    White Mesa. It was so nice, I'm doing it again tomorrow.

banned
    Jan 2014
    I ended up checking out some stuff in the Manzanos. Unfortunately, all the FS roads are closed for the season, so it was a lot more fire roads than I had expected. I did manage to find an abandoned FS trail from before the fire, though.

This road was a real slog coming up, but a good 2-3 miles of BiGRinG going back down.

Where are you riding today?-manzanos-4-.jpg

Some singletrack, too.

Where are you riding today?-manzanos-6-.jpg

Cottonwood TR. could use a little clearing. I'm not sure where it went back in the day. Looked like it was a nice decent back down to the main road, 422.

Where are you riding today?-manzanos-3-.jpg

Where are you riding today?-manzanos-2-.jpg

Where are you riding today?-manzanos-8-.jpg

banned
    Jan 2014
    i was trying to see if it was wilderness or not but the site is poorly maintained a lacking in basic information
    I guess it's sorta like the CT in the Sandias, where the upper most trail is Wilderness. I didn't make it that far up.

mtbr member
    the weather was so nice it would have been hard to have a bad ride.

Bosque did not disappoint

All the way down Montgomery traffic stayed far away from us

photo 0118141115.jpg

Q:Is the Bosque even mountain biking?
    A: only if you got the proper socks

photo 0118141336d.jpg

Secret to a good time is spending it with people you love.

photo 0118141307g.jpg

photo 0118141336a.jpg

But I dont love anyone more then i love myself So im always having a blast!!

photo 0118141309d.jpg
     photo 0118141256.jpg

see you guys on the trail

mtbr member

Cottonwood TR. could use a little clearing. I'm not sure where it went back in the day. Looked like it was a nice decent back down to the main road, 422.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manzanos(3).JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	269.5 KB 
ID:	863264
    Is that orange bike becoming your favorite??

banned
    Jan 2014
    Is that orange bike becoming your favorite??
    It's the "new" Old Skool. bahahaha!

banned
    Jan 2014

see you guys on the trail
    Not if I see you first!

Unpredictable
    Just had a ride here

Where are you riding today?-p1130462.jpgWhere are you riding today?-p1130461.jpg

and here

Where are you riding today?-p1110917.jpg
    Where are you riding today?-p1110943.jpg
    Where are you riding today?-p1110924.jpg

I can't explain the appended pic from a bad rain event that required a trail closure, but we rode there too on the way out

It was all fun and no, it isn't New Mexico, but I do like NM. Had a sky rocket fight on the Rio Grande Gorge bride out of Taos one night and even been to Las Vegas New Mexico. Hope you had your ride somewhere cool. You need bigger lungs at NM altitudes than here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are you riding today?-p1100917.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrebyter View Post
    White Mesa. It was so nice, I'm doing it again tomorrow.
    take pics !!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridnparadise View Post
    Just had a ride here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130462.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	267.3 KB 
ID:	863269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1130461.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	277.6 KB 
ID:	863270

Thats a nice launcher .. where is this?

Unpredictable
    Gold Coast Qld Australia. It is a fun launch. All sorts of possibilities from scrubbing to popping.

banned
    Jan 2014
    Gold Coast Qld Australia. It is a fun launch. All sorts of possibilities from scrubbing to popping.
    WoW! I've been hearing about really bad drought conditions over there. Good to hear and SEE that some places have been spared.

Those pictures look a lot like where I rode, before it got hit by fire.

Nice booter!

tardcore
    The Bosque is fatty friendly. I've really come to appreciate it. There's single track from the South Valley to Bernalillo. I rode the NFH this morning though and it was fun. Bosque tomorrow.

Unpredictable
    WoW! I've been hearing about really bad drought conditions over there. Good to hear and SEE that some places have been spared.

Those pictures look a lot like where I rode, before it got hit by fire.

Nice booter!
    OK, I confess; only the first 2 pics were taken yesterday, but all the others were taken in the last year. It is not all that lush here right now. We are in a dry Summer spell, opposite to normal.

Little showers and the odd storm are just keeping pace with the heat. The Kangaroo Grass grows and then yellows-off. The trees get a flush of brighter green for a week and then it all goes hot and dry again. The trails get tacky for a couple of days and then they dry out and become dusty and drifty again. It is better than the torrential rains of the last 3 years, but we are still hoping for a late season dousing.

banned
    Jan 2014
    OK, I confess; only the first 2 pics were taken yesterday, but all the others were taken in the last year. It is not all that lush here right now. We are in a dry Summer spell, opposite to normal.

Little showers and the odd storm are just keeping pace with the heat. The Kangaroo Grass grows and then yellows-off. The trees get a flush of brighter green for a week and then it all goes hot and dry again. The trails get tacky for a couple of days and then they dry out and become dusty and drifty again. It is better than the torrential rains of the last 3 years, but we are still hoping for a late season dousing.
    Interesting that in those conditions the fauna can flower at "will" when the rains come. We still get 4 seasons here in NM, but I suppose the vegetation would react in much the same way if it were more arid. Thanks for the picks! Are you an Ausie native, or are you from the states?

saddlemeat
    I'm riding in the Zuni Mts. again today, not bad for this time of year. I overdressed a little, the afternoon sun is intense, I'll use lighter layers today. Forgot to take my camera, will try for soem pics today.
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

Unpredictable
    Interesting that in those conditions the fauna can flower at "will" when the rains come. We still get 4 seasons here in NM, but I suppose the vegetation would react in much the same way if it were more arid. Thanks for the picks! Are you an Ausie native, or are you from the states?
    I am an Aussie local. I've just hung around mountains a lot in the past skiing. It is interesting you say the fauna can flower at will, rather than flora, because they say kangaroos can stall a pregnancy if the climate is too harsh and then re-activate it when things improve. The plants just go for it every chance they get. The grey gum trees shed their bark twice last year. They go from grey to bright orange for a month or so. Normally summer is green and Winter more browned-off. This summer it's like a traffic light changing from green to yellow and back over and over.

banned
    Jan 2014
    I am an Aussie local. I've just hung around mountains a lot in the past skiing. It is interesting you say the fauna can flower at will, rather than flora, because they say kangaroos can stall a pregnancy if the climate is too harsh and then re-activate it when things improve. The plants just go for it every chance they get. The grey gum trees shed their bark twice last year. They go from grey to bright orange for a month or so. Normally summer is green and Winter more browned-off. This summer it's like a traffic light changing from green to yellow and back over and over.
    There is usually a method to my madness, but it usually requires some imagination. I've heard that about Roos before, too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast