mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Where are the trails near Santa Fe featured in 'Latitudes' ?

There's a mtn bike vid from 2008 called Latitudes which features some sweet looking trails near Santa Fe. It looks like they might be out torward the airport, but I am not sure where. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get out there that would be cool, thanks!

7MGTE

Badlands NM

Invite only...

Try hitting up Rich, Neal or Larry if you are serious. Bring your armor and I hope you have good heath insurance.

crap magnet
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Invite only
    Really? I thought they're on Public lands near Diablo/Buckman.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I hope it's public.

Health insurance... well. mine sucks.

I am not a dirt jumper, more of an xc rider. Just wanted to see what was out that way, some of those trails look like alot of fun.

7MGTE

plenty of good xc and am riding here...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixbikes View Post
    I hope it's public.
    Its been a bit since I have was watched the video. The public spot is called the Trash Pit and that is open to public and legal. You can ride that spot on your xc bike but more fun on a DJ bike. I think around the Trash Pit you can find a few XC trails, I am sure someone will post up.

The invite post was more about the bigger free ride hits not at the Trash Pit.

Health insurance... well. mine sucks.
    Bring your FF helmet JIC.

I am not a dirt jumper, more of an xc rider. Just wanted to see what was out that way, some of those trails look like alot of fun.
    It is, hope you make it out.

Edit:

I watched video and nothing from the trash pit, so invite only and bring your big bike.
    Last edited by supramk388; 11-18-2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: watched video

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaddy View Post
    Really?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by cdaddy View Post
    I thought they're on Public lands near Diablo/Buckman.
    Nope

C S
    mtbr member
    There's a mtn bike vid from 2008 called Latitudes which features some sweet looking trails near Santa Fe. It looks like they might be out torward the airport, but I am not sure where. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get out there that would be cool, thanks!
    Have a link to the video? Haven't seen it yet.

Pretty sure cdaddy is right. *If* it's down by the river, anyone here in santa fe or who looks at a map knows how many roads go in that direction (1) and whether any of that is private land But no XC worth riding in that area afaik.
    Last edited by C S; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Is the bike OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by C S View Post
    Have a link to the video? Haven't seen it yet.

Pretty sure cdaddy is right. *If* it's down by the river, anyone here in santa fe or who looks at a map knows how many roads go in that direction (1) and whether any of that is private land But no XC worth riding in that area afaik.
    It's a DVD Aaron but you're welcome to borrow my copy if you want to check it out sometime.

It's all public land but not in the middle of anything XC. Most of it hasn't been used in quite a while and is somewhat weathered and hard to find unless you are guided to it. Ben and I checked it out while riding motorcycles a few weeks ago.

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by nealpederson View Post
    It's all public land but not in the middle of anything XC. Most of it hasn't been used in quite a while and is somewhat weathered and hard to find unless you are guided to it. Ben and I checked it out while riding motorcycles a few weeks ago.
    Footage looked like the Well and Riverside, I was not aware those spots were open to the public.

Can we go to the Well next week? I have not made it to that location. Rich made it sound like it was off limits for FRing now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Footage looked like the Well and Riverside, I was not aware those spots were open to the public.

Can we go to the Well next week? I have not made it to that location. Rich made it sound like it was off limits for FRing now.
    I was out there 4x4ing a week ago. I walked the free ride lines, while out there. I forgot how awesome those lines were. It's in rough shape, but could be brought back pretty easily. I think BLM shut down anymore digging out there.
    Wish it was still good to go. It's a totally worthy spot for freeriding in the winter.