Is the bike OK?

When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)

I wanted to check out Pajarito today so Kristin and I headed up at lunch time to hike around.

There was a river running through Camp May:
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-campmayriver.jpg

We hiked up Battle Stations, Natural Selection and down Chupacabra. The trails were in descent shape but even Whistler wouldn't do the first rock roller:
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-pajaritowhistlerrockroller.jpg

Here's some of the debris on the road keeping Pajarito closed this weekend:
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-campmayroad.jpg

I just had to ride today so Rod and I headed up Quemazon trail. This trail is mostly Volcanic Tuff and is the best bet around here when everything is saturated. Most of the trail was descent but there was a lot of debris and ruts in the trail.

Here's a view from Quemazon up Los Alamos Canyon. I've never seen river flowing up that high.
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-lacanyon.jpg

And the biggest waterfall I've ever seen in Los Alamos. This is just below the road to Pajarito.
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-lacanyonwaterfall.jpg

Rod on on Quemazon:
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-rodquemazon1.jpg

Another one looking down. Love riding down this trial, even in the loose and wet.
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-rodquemazon2.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    And more rain to come! Keeping those trails interesting...
    Blur LT & Highball

RCC
    Bandolero
    Thanks for the updates Neal.
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

Is the bike OK?

Some more Tuff riding...

Yesterday Kristin and I rode what we call "Tour de Sewer", a big loop down Bayo Canyon including Fire Line and Tent Rocks and then back up Pueblo Canyon. Most of the trails on this loop were fine but the rode back up Pueblo Canyon was mostly washed out. Also, the steep pumisy switchbacks coming out of the canyon were in pretty bad shape too.

When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-pueblocanyon1.jpg
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-pueblocanyon2.jpg
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-pueblocanyon3.jpg
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-pueblocanyon4.jpg

Today Michelle joined us for a bridges and technical perimeter ride that were all in good shape. We made sure to stay off of lower perimeter knowing it's always a mud pit after rain or snow.
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-technicalperimeter1.jpg
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-technicalperimeter2.jpg
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-technicalperimeter3.jpg
    When the Dirt Turns to Mud, the Tough turn to Tuff (Rainy day in L.A.)-technicalperimeter4.jpg