Bandolero Crew N.M.

Whats your last ride choice?

So if you were given the chance to ride any trail you want for your last ride before the end tomorrow. What trail would you ride? Something local? Some trail far away? As much as I love Otero, I would have to go for the Mag 7 trail in Moab for the last one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats your last ride choice?-moab-2012-036.jpg  

Whats your last ride choice?-moab-2012-042.jpg  

Sent on my Droid while hitting that $h!t

mtbr member
    tough question...

Although I love Mag 7, I think I would want to ride Kill Me, Thrill Me to Comfortably Numb to Young Lust.

That is the trail I ride when having MTB dreams.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    This one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats your last ride choice?-southboundry.jpg  

RCC
    Bandolero

Ravens Ridge-REM

Will do for me..good thread Stevie

I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

mtbr member
    Since it's the last one and I don't have to feel like a schmuck for not pedaling, I'm doing the Whole Enchilada and I'm taking the doomsday shuttle up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Amasa Back circa 2000.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    So many to choose from. I think Mag 7, to the the blue dot trail, and out portal would be my choice.

mtbr member
    Id like to do mega avalanche . Its on my bucket list so hopfully ill get it done...... if i try and ride it like this guy it might be my last ride

YouTube

I <3 NM
    I'd go back to New Zealand and ride, ride, ride:

Whakarewarewa Forest
    Queenstown
    Nelson
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Back to Whistler for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrebyter View Post
    since it's the last one and i don't have to feel like a schmuck for not pedaling, i'm doing the whole enchilada and i'm taking the doomsday shuttle up.
    x2!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    So if you were given the chance to ride any trail you want for your last ride before the end tomorrow. What trail would you ride? Something local? Some trail far away? As much as I love Otero, I would have to go for the Mag 7 trail in Moab for the last one.
    I recognize the first photo as Mag 7 area, but not the 2nd. Where is that?

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    Quote Originally Posted by robselina View Post
    I recognize the first photo as Mag 7 area, but not the 2nd. Where is that?
    First pic is the Portal trail. Second is across the top of Gold Bar Rim before you get to Portal. All kind of sections of Mag 7. Here is a couple more across Gold Bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whats your last ride choice?-moab-2012-033.jpg  

Whats your last ride choice?-moab-2012-031.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbike52 View Post
    First pic is the Portal trail. Second is across the top of Gold Bar Rim before you get to Portal. All kind of sections of Mag 7.
    Gotcha, that explains why I couldn't quite place them. Was running short of time the day we rode the area and had to bail off Gold Bar back to the road, so didn't get to do most of gold bar or any of Portal.

We pedaled up from the Moab Brands parking lot and then started to head down on Bull Run if I remember right. Just more trail to look forward to next visit.

Bandolero Crew N.M.
    The climb up Gold Bar is a ***** to say the least but well worth it. Across the top of Gold Bar is some of the best technical all mtn riding up there. And Portal speaks for itself. Last time we were there we ran into some archaeologist that were ready to give their final approval for more in the Mag 7 system. Just keeps getting better out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robselina View Post
    Gotcha, that explains why I couldn't quite place them. Was running short of time the day we rode the area and had to bail off Gold Bar back to the road, so didn't get to do most of gold bar or any of Portal.

We pedaled up from the Moab Brands parking lot and then started to head down on Bull Run if I remember right. Just more trail to look forward to next visit.
    If you didn't get the chance to ride above Gold Bar, I'd say you rode Mag 3.

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    If you didn't get the chance to ride above Gold Bar, I'd say you rode Mag 3.
    Yea, that's a fair assessment. Bull Run - Arth's Corner - Little Canyon + (bit of) Gold Bar

I <3 NM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    Id like to do mega avalanche . Its on my bucket list so hopfully ill get it done...... if i try and ride it like this guy it might be my last ride

YouTube
    My buddy from New Zealand just did this race on Saturday - he finished with the 26th fastest time down the mountain and 3d in his age class.

He might have been a bit faster, but he snapped off his seat post 20% into the decent and had to ride without one the rest of the way down.

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.