Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's up for the 4th in Santa Fe?

2K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  makachut 
#1 ·
Looking to hook up with someone for a ride. Maybe ReM?

#3 ·
The 4th in Santa Fe

I don't live there, but judging by the SFBFL thread, I'll guess at what's going on up there tomorrow:

Geezex will still be searching for the truth about the water source in media. He will discover many lost treasures along the way to knowledge of the Great Spigot.

Mackattack will continue to dribble urine all over Geezex's discoveries and questions towards knowledge of the Great Spigot.

Others will be preparing for a long ride on Saturday, that may take them by the Great Spigot. Preperations could include hot dogs, apple pie, ice cream, assorted liquids of unknown content, and reading the endless entertaining banter here. And many will be searching for a water filter just in case the Legend of the Great Spigot isn't true.

I will be...I don't live in SF, so my activities don't count. But, I will be looking for my water filter, and reading the piffle here, (just in case Geezex solves the mystery).

C Cow

#6 ·
You should do a little research. the ride from hell.... Von, Stu, and I did quite a bit of clearing on what must have been the first run of the year down REM waste deep in snow. I think we left all of Ten logs across the trail, all of which are still there.:confused: My little bow saw just could not hang with the bigger stuff.

I hope you have been involved in some effort to clear trails this year, otherwise...:rolleyes:

#11 ·
AndyN said:
Bottom line, REM still has many trees down that totally interrupt flow, despite Bando claims that they personally would make sure the trail was cleared. You guys ran your mouths and did not back it up.

End of story.
Once again Andy you are wrong. If you read the orig. thread you will read they were not able to get them all. None of the bandolero's have ever stated REM was ALL CLEAR :confused:?
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=410460
Rotmilky said:
Deadfall wasn't a major problem. We cleaned what we could. Left one large tree on Winsor. Ran out of time and had to leave stuff on REM. I'd estimate less than 10 trees left over entire REM trail. A small hand saw can probably knock those out. 2-3 trees are large diameter and will require a chainsaw.
Keep in mind Andy you should be grateful for the work they did for you and all for us. It is less work you or anyone else will have to do, did you ever think of that? Also did you see the day they had? They ran into more snow than they were expecting but they still worked there asses off clearing what they could.

If you do not like the condition of the trail then you should take it upon yourself and do some work on REM.

If you are trying to look like a dick Andy then its working, man dude give it a rest and lighten up some.

#20 ·
tears in my eyes..

perropirana said:
Once again more useless information...who cares who cleans what.
This is the reason why I don't post here anymore.
Andy is one of the best riders in the area no questions asked...bandolero or not.
I'm sorry this portion of the internets offends you. Your wit and sarcasm are sorely missed.

#21 ·
C Cow said:
Geezex will still be searching for the truth about the water source in media. He will discover many lost treasures along the way to knowledge of the Great Spigot.
The Mighty Spigot was thus found. Note other thread - and alas, no other great treasures were found this time around.

#22 · (Edited)
perropirana said:
Once again more useless information...who cares who cleans what.
This is the reason why I don't post here anymore.
Andy is one of the best riders in the area no questions asked...bandolero or not.
Well of course he is a good rider if he is a bandolero, that is really stating the obvious isn't it perropirana :yawn:.

You don't post here anymore :confused:, did'nt you just post :confused:?

EDIT:Fixed typo

#23 ·
supramk388 said:
Well of course he is a good rider if he is a banolero....
I don't huck anything, nor ride over downfall.

Will you please still consider me a good rider ;)

I didn't make it up to Santa Fe (not that anyone indicated they were interested in riding with me, I guess I'm not cool enough:mad: )

I did some local early AM "out of bounds" riding instead.

That was great, and I didn't even have to wait for anyone at the top :thumbsup:

#24 ·
notaknob said:
You breathed the air
You drank the beers
You are Bandolero. Know the power of the dark side...
The change is irreversible.
Nice Bruce, he knows :lol:
Heres a few more just in case he is in denial

Nice job on this Andy, I was there and it was dope.

One more for good measure :)

https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=368226

#25 ·
AndyN said:
I was to busy riding this afternoon I had to clean the A line in South FH (with the Dirt Buddha of course) if you know what I mean. I was not able to see your post I thought we were done with this already?
<o></o>
I think you were referring to this, right?
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Thanks to whomever made REM possible, its kick a$$! Now if I can ever get the boys (you know who you are) to finish up our little contribution. Abq might have some bragging rights as well.
<o></o>
He was talking about a local trail (hence the Abq) Andy not REM .
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Now if I can ever get the boys (you know who you are) to finish up our little contribution. Abq might have some bragging rights as well.
<o></o>
Here you go in case you doubt my facts again but not wise as you can see. This is the trail he was talking about, hope this is CLEAR enough for you :madman: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=404023
<o></o>
Forget all the crying lets just ride man.:cryin::cryin::cryin:

#26 ·
juan_speeder said:
I don't huck anything, nor ride over downfall.

Will you please still consider me a good rider ;)

I didn't make it up to Santa Fe (not that anyone indicated they were interested in riding with me, I guess I'm not cool enough:mad: )

I did some local early AM "out of bounds" riding instead.

That was great, and I didn't even have to wait for anyone at the top :thumbsup:
I tried man, I was sending text msgs to Bryan at 6:30AM so we could ride with you but he was having none of that after yesterdays ride. We went and fooled around briefly, very briefly in the South FH today.

As far as rider... :lol: that was funny. I have road with you twice and I know how freaking fast you can do the KOM in so trust me you are a BAD ASS RIDER IMO! :thumbsup: Not very often I get to ride with a pro caliber rider and I cannot wait for the next ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.