Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Theres lots of riding to be had in the foothills. Placitas has good riding aswell. But your best bet is white mesa. Which is about one hour away. What type of rider are you. What bike do you havr ?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm an out of shape XC-trail (didn't ride much this summer) rider on a 30pound beast, It's a mountain cycle zenII with 140mm of travel front and back. I'll be staying near the foothills. So I'lll be out there a few days. Are the trails numbered, is there a recommended route etc? I'd like to take at drive up to white mesa also.

mtbr member
    Pending more snow, the Foothills, White Mesa and Red Mesa will be available
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

Team Velveeta™

any snow from the Christmas Eve storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    Pending more snow, the Foothills, White Mesa and Red Mesa will be available
    Hey everybody down there, I'm in CO with a 5 day weekend coming. Considering a trip down to the Land of Enchantment for a bit of singletrack.

How far south do I need to go?

I know I'll be heading as far as ABQ. Also considering Socorro. I have never ridden there but some friends did last year and said it was good. Into some longer rides, 30 or more miles, three or more hours.

Looking at this map

it appears that the Magdalina Mountains have lots of Socorro's goods. How high are they, and have they got enough snow to be troublesome? I don't mind riding a little shallow shade snow, but ice and mud are deal-breakers.

Also, warmth would be a plus. But I'm not sure I want to drive all the way down to Las Cruces just for an extra 10 or 15 degrees.

Appreciate any advice you might have for me.
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

I <3 NM
    When is your 5 day riding break happening? I ask because winter weather is always a variable, although the odds of snow in Socorro being a problem are pretty remote. Riding weather in ABQ is great - at the moment.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    I am coming down to Taos area on Tax day for a the week. Any info on what trails are traditionally rideable in that area at that time of year, April 15th. I like to ride long and and anything singletrack. Nothing too gonzo but I can ride or walk technical features as necessary. Coming from Colorado to sample the Chiles.
    Thanks Walt

Thread Pollution
    I rode the Rift Valley Trail yesterday. Its about 10.5 miles of single track that stretches thru flat sage areas with great views of the Rio Grande. You could do it two or three times for more miles. Saw this Bighorn sheep trail side, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VISITORS READ HERE FIRST: Local riding advice-photo-copy-3.jpg  

VISITORS READ HERE FIRST: Local riding advice-photo-copy-2.jpg  

SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

mtbr member
    What are trail conditions currently in Taos Area? What trails would you suggest for 1 ride at this time of year ? I will be here this week. Like singletrack, can go either way with technical or non technical. Any suggestions? I can ride all day long, would like a few hour ride.
    Thanks Walt

I <3 NM
    Drop a new thread into the forum - this area doesn't get much attention usually.
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Heathen
    Any recommendation for trail guidebooks for the Los Alamos/Santa Fe area?

mtbr member

VISITORS READ HERE FIRST: Local riding advice

So I am going to be in Santa Fe starting on Monday and will be there for the week working and I will be doing some night riding any recommended trails? I have ridden Atalay from the college and those were freaking cool as hell.
    ilovebikes.blogspot.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6