Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    more carbon=more awesome
    I'll be bringing my bullit. Set up light for general all mountain riding. I'm taking off the swingarm and packing the bike in a suitcase, and will have a set of Mavic Crossrides waiting for me. Also a set of Bomber AM1 forks which I will need to install before I do any riding. Recommendations for a good bike workshop in NE Heights would be a help. I'll need them to cut the steerer tube.

b.
    Posting on the basis that ignorance shared is ignorance doubled.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bshallard
    I'll be bringing my bullit. Set up light for general all mountain riding. I'm taking off the swingarm and packing the bike in a suitcase, and will have a set of Mavic Crossrides waiting for me. Also a set of Bomber AM1 forks which I will need to install before I do any riding. Recommendations for a good bike workshop in NE Heights would be a help. I'll need them to cut the steerer tube.

b.
    I live in the heights and can take care of the install out of my garage. Plenty of trails to keep a smile on your face

more carbon=more awesome
    Fantastic! I will take you up on that for sure. Have you got a shock pump too? Hot damn I'm looking forward to this trip!

banned
    Fantastic! I will take you up on that for sure. Have you got a shock pump too? Hot damn I'm looking forward to this trip!
    Yes I do. You do not need a shock pump for the AM 1, unless it is the SL. Either way, I have an SL and I can also help you set it up. The pressures recommended by the factory are incorrect. We will get ya goin'.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Yes I do. You do not need a shock pump for the AM 1, unless it is the SL. Either way, I have an SL and I can also help you set it up. The pressures recommended by the factory are incorrect. We will get ya goin'.
    Make sure you have the base plate/crown race for your headset, a starnut or stemlock, and the appropriate spacers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    hi folks. Just heading down to the Taos/Santa Fe/Los Alamos area next weekend. Only plan is one night at ojo caliente. Wondering about rides to do with the gf toward ojo, maybe camping in that vicinity as well?

Looking at 8-15 mile rides, moderate to pumping climbs, cruisy singletrack more than technical drops.

Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    There's that Performance Bike employee knowledge deficit again.

The AM1 is one side air and one side coil, and does require a shock pump.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    There's that Performance Bike employee knowledge deficit again.

The AM1 is one side air and one side coil, and does require a shock pump.
    I never even noticed it on mine before I converted to the SL. Either way I have a shock pump and if he needs it he is welcome to use it.

more carbon=more awesome
    I've just had a closer look at the specs of the fork I bought. I thought it was probably an air fork due to the 5 pound weight. Turns out it is probably identical internally to my existing fork which is an '05 Z1FR with 20mm axle. When I set that up I just let all the air out, as even with 5psi in there it was oversprung for my weight. I've slammed it into the ground nice and hard without it bottoming harshly. Anyway, setting up this new fork should be a no-brainer. It's gonna be interesting to see how much flex there is in the steering. I've grown to rely on the directness of the 20mm set-up.
    I'll have all the bits I need and the exact measurement of the steerer etc. We'll have to shim up the brakes for the new hubs. Does anyone have a Hope brake mount facing tool? It makes a big difference in getting the brakes running true and quiet.

banned
    I've just had a closer look at the specs of the fork I bought. I thought it was probably an air fork due to the 5 pound weight. Turns out it is probably identical internally to my existing fork which is an '05 Z1FR with 20mm axle. When I set that up I just let all the air out, as even with 5psi in there it was oversprung for my weight. I've slammed it into the ground nice and hard without it bottoming harshly. Anyway, setting up this new fork should be a no-brainer. It's gonna be interesting to see how much flex there is in the steering. I've grown to rely on the directness of the 20mm set-up.
    I'll have all the bits I need and the exact measurement of the steerer etc. We'll have to shim up the brakes for the new hubs. Does anyone have a Hope brake mount facing tool? It makes a big difference in getting the brakes running true and quiet.
    Interesting. I just bought a formula brake mount for my XTR 180mm rotor and it is far from quiet. Do you know if they can face the formula mounts also? Maybe you can look at it for me.

more carbon=more awesome
    It's the IS mounts on the fork that you face. Not an issue on post mount as far as I can see. The IS tabs on my Z1 fork took quite a lot of facing. Hope make a jig that clamps in the dropouts (regular or 20mm) and it has guide holes to mount a rose cutter that faces the tabs. You would be amazed at how far out of true they are from the factory. It probably isn't an issue for brakes that use a mounting bracket, but my Hopes mount directly to the tabs.
    My brakes run a lot quieter than my brother's Hope brakes, and my tabs are faced and his aren't. My local bike mechanic has one of these. I was vaguely wondering if any local Abq mechanics had one. Not really a big deal though.

banned
    It's the IS mounts on the fork that you face. Not an issue on post mount as far as I can see. The IS tabs on my Z1 fork took quite a lot of facing. Hope make a jig that clamps in the dropouts (regular or 20mm) and it has guide holes to mount a rose cutter that faces the tabs. You would be amazed at how far out of true they are from the factory. It probably isn't an issue for brakes that use a mounting bracket, but my Hopes mount directly to the tabs.
    My brakes run a lot quieter than my brother's Hope brakes, and my tabs are faced and his aren't. My local bike mechanic has one of these. I was vaguely wondering if any local Abq mechanics had one. Not really a big deal though.
    Cool thanks. There is a local shop that may have the tool you need. Fat Tire Cycles. 505.345.9005

mtbr member
    Cool thanks. There is a local shop that may have the tool you need. Fat Tire Cycles. 505.345.9005
    Why swing by an overpriced IBD (all IBD's are overpriced after all) like Fat Tire. Why not just go to Performance. Surely they have all the right tools and training.

S

Pfffft.

Thread Pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarvis
    Why swing by an overpriced IBD (all IBD's are overpriced after all) like Fat Tire. Why not just go to Performance. Surely they have all the right tools and training.

S

Pfffft.
    Now that's funny,does performance carry NEXT brand bikes, toto?
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

banned

S

Pfffft.
    Wrong thread d!ckhead We really should limit this thread to those who are interested in posting and requesting trail info.. If you have something to say about Performance post it in the appropriate place HERE...My bad on the previous posts

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    Now that's funny,does performance carry NEXT brand bikes, toto?

Et tu Marcus???

mtbr member
    Wrong thread d!ckhead We really should limit this thread to those who are interested in posting and requesting trail info.. If you have something to say about Performance post it in the appropriate place HERE...My bad on the previous posts

So it was fine when you were posting OT, but now Sarvis is a d!ckhead huh?

Thread Pollution
    Et tu Marcus???
    Sarvis made a joke,
    Once again lost in translation
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

mtbr member
    Hmmm seems that my reply struck a nerve. Though it was an (couched) honest question.

BFWIW, I didn't start this OT section of the thread, I just replied to it.

S

mtbr member
    I'll take "d!ckhead," although I prefer "Right B@stard."

S

Thread Pollution
    I'll take "d!ckhead," although I prefer "Right B@stard."

S
    more like Leftbiotch
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

mtbr member

Chama

Posted a thread for trail infomation in the Chama area, then i saw this thread. Any ideas?
    Looking to stop half way for a break on the way to Angel Fire. Thanks.
    Loose is fast, on the edge is out of control.

Thread Pollution
    Quote Originally Posted by pivotpoint
    Posted a thread for trail infomation in the Chama area, then i saw this thread. Any ideas?
    Looking to stop half way for a break on the way to Angel Fire. Thanks.
    Cumbres pass ,Lamanga pass,and over along the Conejos river all on the Colorado side then there is Sargents on the northside of Chama
    SingleSpeed,in the way
    Amateur
    Dogs over Cats

I <3 NM
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

I <3 NM
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast