wannabee

Valles Caldera Fun Ride

I see the area will be open (by reservation) the 1st and 2nd of August this year. Is it worth the time and effort? 20 bucks a pop and four or five hours of road time there and back from ABQ? Beautiful area. The brochure states in bold letters "old dirt logging roads". Anybody go recently? Anybody interested? http://www.vallescaldera.gov/ GBB

talk about server problems. Sorry

banned
    Is it that time of year already....?

Search NM for some interesting reading on the Valles.

Bandolero
    Never been there allways wanted to ride the Caldera

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    With the possible exceptions of the two "hiking" trail loops, Cerro Seco and Cerros del Abrigo, you could do the whole thing on a 'cross bike. More like basic dirt roads (70-80%) than old logging roads (20-30%). I did it one of the first years they had it open and turned it into a dirt roadie day and did pretty much everything out there. Boring riding, interesting place. If you do go, go at the crack of dawn when there's more wildlife out and about.

I'll leave the pissing and moaning about access and $$ to those that aren't too tired of it to bring it up again, and again, and again, and again...

wannabee
    Thanks MB123. Should have searched I guess. Too late now though. Appears I'll pass on the "fun ride" GBB