banned

Turner Bikes Demo: Friday, June 12th

Looks as though the Turner Demo Trailer will be rolling through this Friday.

Time and location, TBA.

tardcore
    Cool, I really want to ride a couple. Hopefully someplace besides NFH though. Who's hosting, FT?

banned
    The Turner site states that FT will be hosting the Demo. No times or locations, yet. I do wish they would find a better spot to demo their bikes. Comparatively speaking, Cedro or even Tunnel p-lots are just as close for most people who are driving to the trailheads. Of course I live a mile from either the North or South FH's and I still drive to the TH, occasionally.

banned

update..

Looks like the demo will be starting @ 2pm tomorrow.

see ya there!

banned

Reminder...

In case you didn't know already, if you plan on taking anything for a test ride, bring your own pedals... and helmets are a must.

I <3 NM
    i'm planning on coming up for that and my pro photo buddy will be takin pix!

I hope they have a new RFX to take a gander at...

I cant decide which bike to bring to EG tho.. Titus exo ss or Pivot Mach 429...

decisions decision!
    "Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

banned

More updates...

This comes from a good source

Turner is a class act!

Someone at FT was confused on the time. Looks like it is going to be 3:30pm-Sundown.

*Also, you can check out one to take home for tomorrows mountain ride...TBD

I <3 NM
    Demo Day Pix!

"Someone must have put alcohol in my beer last night." ~ Mr. Richard Baty, Esq.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    Demo Day Pix!

That must have been right before the park police sent you packing.

I showed up a bit after 5 and couldn't ride one since the security guard said you couldn't stay.

Bummer, I wanted to try one. I guess that keeps Yeti at the top of my list.

Bandolero

Ghost in the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjoe
    That must have been right before the park police sent you packing.

I showed up a bit after 5 and couldn't ride one since the security guard said you couldn't stay.

Bummer, I wanted to try one. I guess that keeps Yeti at the top of my list.
    Too bad I missed out on this too.

I'll assume that Fat Tire dropped the ball on this as they should have procured the proper permits and coordinated this with the City's Open Space. BikeWorks and others seem to do this on a re-occurring basis without any issues.

My usual response when I hear someone say that they prefer Yeti/Specialized/Canefield/Niner/etc. over Turner or Ventana is, of course, "Why do you hate America?"
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob

I'll assume that Fat Tire dropped the ball on this as they should have procured the proper permits and coordinated this with the City's Open Space. BikeWorks and others seem to do this on a re-occurring basis without any issues.

My usual response when I hear someone say that they prefer Yeti/Specialized/Canefield/Niner/etc. over Turner or Ventana is, of course, "Why do you hate America?"

Here I thought Yeti was a Colorado company. Go figure.

But I tell you, bike shops make all the difference to me, and I had a bad experience at Bikeworks, FT and ABC, So I'm happy to buy a Yeti from what used to be sport systems. They got Yeti out there for me to demo, and I haven't ridden a better bike.

banned
    In two weeks those demos go on sale through Turner dealers. I'm going to keep my eyes open...

tardcore
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanjoe
    Here I thought Yeti was a Colorado company. Go figure.

But I tell you, bike shops make all the difference to me, and I had a bad experience at Bikeworks, FT and ABC, So I'm happy to buy a Yeti from what used to be sport systems. They got Yeti out there for me to demo, and I haven't ridden a better bike.
    Yeti is a Colorado company but the bikes are made in Taiwan, like most but don't worry Sport Systems will piss you off too and you'll have to ride a Next from Walmart.

tardcore
    Bryan, I think the koolaid was spiked, I've been dreaming of that 5spot every night since Friday. Stevie's holding a custom color 5er for me until next week. I'm headed to Teluride for the week to try and forget about that frame. I think with the right suspension set-up it'll be perfect. I'll need some bando riding lessons and I'll have to ask the wife for my junk back so I can ride the thing.

banned
    PJ...you just name the time and place. I think the Spot would be perfect for you. I can't wait until we build 'er up! Can I pick out the fork

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBNate
    Demo Day Pix!

Yowza! That pink bike would be the one for me! Would make riding the trails so much more exciting by not only dropping $2K for my bike frame, but riding for dear life as the redneck wheelchair riders tried to beat me for being of indeterminate sexual persuasion, as they say.

I've thought long and hard about getting a Turner. There's just too many dubious characters on this board that ride them, though.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmilky

I've thought long and hard about getting a Turner. There's just too many dubious characters on this board that ride them, though.
    Don't let the fact that AndyN rides a new Dee-Dub dissuade you

BTW...the Sultan (Big Wheel) got rave reviews from a local custom frame builder.

If one could properly ride that pink DHR, the wheelchair rednecks wouldn't even have a chance

tardcore
    I already have two nonbando approved forks ones a 150 though just not coil.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    Yeti is a Colorado company but the bikes are made in Taiwan, like most but don't worry Sport Systems will piss you off too and you'll have to ride a Next from Walmart.
    I know they are made oversees but good luck finding a whole bike that isn't. I assume Turners don't come with Shimano parts, because they are not a US company. I'm willing to bet SRAM isn't 100% US made either. So we have to compromise, and having a US based company is a compromise I can live with.

BTW - my "race" bike is 100% us made if that helps.

I'm not too worried about sport systems since I've been dealing with them they have been honest and helpful. The other three have let me down within the first two visits.

`

banned
    You need an adjustable 160 on that bad boy! Fox 36 seems to be the weapon of choice for the aggressive types.

7MGTE

Yeah, yeah

Quote Originally Posted by notaknob

How soon we forget