Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I will always ride with you guys. We should have just kept up past the yurt. It was so over grown that I didn't want to bush wack all the way to red river. Rode it today, it is mellow and fun. Got all the way to Lost Lake and back by 1pm with no Frasier climb. Lets find time to do it again soon.
    Its the internet...we all sleep with supermodels.

RCC
    Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    Thats a bummer Bruce. I was in no shape for riding yesterday or I would have been there to slog it with the Bandoleros
    Nice report Bryan and some awesome pix everyone! thanks for sharing

well like the knob said the weather turned on us about 3-4 miles into the descent ...I was going to put this on a different thread but since we are talking about the sangre de cristo mountains and all!..this is what our ride looked before the storm.sorry no pix of or after the storm hit I think at that point we were on survival mode,just get the hell out of there! peace.
    RCC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RCC; 08-24-2008 at 05:15 PM.
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

banned
    Very Cool RCC. Looks like David made it out with you guys. Too bad about the storm. Did you cut the ride short of REM?

Edit: Looks like Ricky took a less than perfect line through the rocks. I see trouble!

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Biker123
    Our Rocky Mountain Taxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotmilky
    Sweet...you got a photo of the bug. I'd love to see that thing hauling 4 bikes.
    Sweet, wish you guys could have seen our shuttle car. Maybe RCC will post it for you I know he snapped a few pics of it
    Thats a bummer Bruce. I was in no shape for riding yesterday or I would have been there to slog it with the Bandoleros
    Oh, I am sure you would have been fine but better off you stayed home due to the weather.

Your ride looks killer wish I could have made that one. Man being off the bike 3 weeks though there is no way I could have made it with that group.

Edit: Looks like Ricky took a less than perfect line through the rocks. I see trouble!
    What? No faith in me Buddha? Yeah I made it, no dabs .

Single Speed Junkie
    Sweet pics. Would be interested in taking a trip up someday in the near future.

Thought you would of been out with the crew yesterday. I was stuck fixing part of the ceiling in the kitchen. BTW I now have no love for flat roofs.

Regardless If I would of known you could of taken out the SS today with us. Found my first cholla cactus today.

RCC
    Bandolero
    [QUOTE=Mtn. Biker123] Too bad about the storm. Did you cut the ride short of REM?/QUOTE]

Yeah we had to cut REM out of the loop,I was not looking forward to drop down REM in the middle of a heavy storm ..never the less I had a blast! David's GPS clocked just under seven miles to the summit and a gain of 3300 ft of elevation,nothing close to what you guys did on friday but not a bad climb at all...check out our shuttle ride and this picture looking down on the sandias from near the summit.
    RCC
    I heard the mission bell
    And i was thinking to my self
    This could be heaven or this could be hell...

Bandolero

No REM

Very Cool RCC. Looks like David made it out with you guys. Too bad about the storm. Did you cut the ride short of REM?
    REM would have been awash as the storm hung right over that valley. If we'd have been 1/2 an hour earlier, we'd probably been caught in it for most of the ride down. The storm hung over the north-east part of the mountains.

It started hailing about 1/2 way down Ravens Ridge and turned to rain at the ski resort. I think the folk on the section between the Pecos Wilderness and the ski resort thought we were nuts the way were were bombing the trail to get to shelter.

I took one for the Bandoleros and rode down Winsor so that there'd be more room in the shuttle-supra.

The rain only went about 1/2 way down Winsor with the worst up top. The sun was out by the time I got to the meadows. I was pretty dry by the time I dropped out in Tesuque, mainly wet from the stream crossings. The rain was bad, but not the worst storm I've had to endure. The hail, on the other hand, sucked. I think I've got dents in my helmet from being pelleted.
    See the trails, be one with FOO-MTB.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    Guys, I just wanted to thank you for posting the great pics and descriptions of your epic adventure. All summer long I've been planning a trip to ride and chillax in the Taos area for a week. Following what you all did has me so stoked I can hardly stand it. My trip is now only about two weeks away!
    Life is Uncertain. Don't Stop!
    - from a bottle of Laguanitas IPA

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Excellent pics and story Bryan.

Bruce, Ramon & Rick, I saw you guys on I-25 driving home. we got washed out during the same storm and our boy got sick so we packed up early. We were up near Ski Santa Fe off some of the forest roads and the temps dropped 30 degrees in about 20 minutes folowed by hail and lots of rain.

Not bike related, but here I am trying to make a u turn on a narrow forest road with a pop-up.
    Visit my Photography Website
    http://www.wanderlustgalleries.com

banned
    Now thats some DH action!

Thread Pollution

Nasty,Dirty,Puke

That's the most sickening display of affection .

Single Speed Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by makachut
    That's the most sickening display of affection .
    Inbreeding at it's finest...

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by crux
    Inbreeding at it's finest...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shile
    Not bike related, but here I am trying to make a u turn on a narrow forest road with a pop-up.
    Skills.

mtbr member
    looks like a great ride. i will be out red river way next week for about 4 days for some riding.

mtbr member

Found: Fork pump

Found a fork pump in my Jeep today that had slipped under the rear seats. It's a black RockShox pump with some kind of Schrader-to-?? converter on it. Gotta be MTB123, Cdaddy or dtimms. Anyone missing a pump?
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

banned
    Its mine. Looks like we traded; your wrench ( which I had for 3mo's ) for my one and only, schrader adapted, proprietary to marzocchi shock pump

banned
    May 2014
    Since all my pictures are no longer visible...

Here's a few more to add to this collection.

TSV to Red River.JPG

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-001.jpg

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-008.jpg

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-019.jpg

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-026.jpg

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-046.jpg[

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-064.jpg

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-067.jpg

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-075.jpg

One more from Goose Lake. Man, that was some steep shiz!

TSV to Red River: Rollin' the Sangre de Cristos-toas-red-river-051.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice! I've ridden gold hill and some other misc things through northside, planning on a lost lake trip too as soon as the snow melts and weather permits.

crap magnet
    A fun ride that would probably put me in my grave if I attempted it today. Father Time and Lady Lethargy have worked me over some. Any idea if Rotmilky is still around?
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaddy View Post
    A fun ride that would probably put me in my grave if I attemted it today. Father Time and Lady Lethargy have worked me over some. Any idea if Rotmilky is still around?
    I spoke with Von sometime early last year. He's was doing well, and pursuing many of his other passions. I sure enjoyed riding with him.

crap magnet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tres Bottelas View Post
    I spoke with Von sometime early last year. He's was doing well, and pursuing many of his other passions. I sure enjoyed riding with him.
    Nice guy for sure. Good to know he's still around.
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

banned
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaddy View Post
    Nice guy for sure. Good to know he's still around.
    Might be fun to organize a GITA this year, and send out personal invitations for those that don't drop in regularly anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2