mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Trails in/near Pojoaque/Nambe

Any trails in or near these towns? I just moved to Pojoaque. The closer the better. Really appreciate any feedback.

-E

banned
    Yessir...everything in Santa Fe. I will be posting some pictures of REM later today which can be accessed about 20 minutes from Pojoaque. Do a REM search here in the NM forum and there is plenty of info to get you started. Too bad you didn't post up sooner, we had a great ride up there yesterday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    REM? werent you going to huck yourself out at the well?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Embudo
    Any trails in or near these towns? I just moved to Pojoaque. The closer the better. Really appreciate any feedback.

-E
    Is this Adam?

There is nothing to do there...move back to Placitas.
    Bliss-Stick kayaks Agent, NEMO Representative,

banned
    The Well will be there all winter and I do look forward to getting out there. Nothing beats a good XC/AM/semi-FR romp with the gang though .

Besides Ricky was doin' all the huckin'.

After the failed attempt, Ricky sacked up and nailed it the second time

mtbr member
    Take Rt 503 towards Nambe. go 4 1/2 to 5 miles (at right hand curve) park in grass below west side of road . Cool XC trail starts past gate runs along fence to the west. several loop options 4 mies or so and alot of exploring to do. This is not my FR hucking stuff but its very cool - pretty flat though- stays open pretty much all winter. There's also a ride out the 2 track across the road(other side gate) to the radio tower - This is all BLM land not indian land

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Thanks

Yeah, just moved into town but did squeeze in my first ride out and back on lower Windsor yesterday. I will check out REM. Anything right in Pojoaque or Nambe?

7MGTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    The Well will be there all winter and I do look forward to getting out there. Nothing beats a good XC/AM/semi-FR romp with the gang though
    Agreed... We will all be at the Well several times this winter working on our FR skills.

We wanted to get in one more big group ride at REM before a winter storm hits us (whenever that will be) and it will not be ride able till spring.

Sure was sweet riding with such a good group, think it was the biggest all year for me (at 10). All the riders are awesome in there own way with some many riding styles and abilities I am so glad I worked my a$$ off to get my XC HT built up. Staying up till 1:30 AM was well worth it for this ride.

Have to admit going from a plush 6.5 in travel bike to 0 travel hard tail was very eye opening to say the least. I have no been on a HT for 6 months so it took some getting use to I am sure you all could tell (but again so glad I did not miss this ride)

"Besides Ricky was doin' all the huckin'."

Well not to sure about that Bryan but thanks I was trying. Man I thought I had that but I knew the landing was going to be much different from the Nomad. I told the other Brian that I felt like I clammed up and grabbed the brakes to soon. Brain was like yeah I think that made your front tire wash out. After looking at your vid Bryan, it looks like I was not holding the bar as tight as I should have for that impact (and I mean IMPACT ). If you pause the vid on the landing you can see my right hand come flying off the bar and we all know how hard it is to control the bike that way so I crashed. Oh well $hit happens, wish I could land them all but that's the way it goes.

"After the failed attempt, Ricky sacked up and nailed it the second time"

Well unless I am really hurt I do not like to leave a spot on a crash, you know bad omen So needed a min. to fix my bars and try again. I held onto the bars tighter this time but the impact was still eye opening I sure if the bike could talk it would have been like "$hit what the hell are you doing"

Just wanted to thank everyone for an awesome day! Now get out there and ride!

mtbr member
    There are two rides at Pojo/Nambe that I know of. RSClimb mentioned the first. Here's a thread/photos of those trails. Nambe Badlands. If you go out that way, look for the 'leaving Nambe Pueblo' sign as you're heading toward Chimayo. BLM land and trail starts along that fenceline.

The other ride starts in Pojoaque and runs N to those weird eroded rock outcrops. NealPederson mentioned he'd ridden out there among the rocks. I've never done the ride myself, but think it starts across the arroyo from Camino Ancon Rd. It may be part of the Pojoaque pueblo, so not sure the status of mtn bike riding out there.
    "My life's ambition is to see a musical version of MacBeth performed by chickens."

Single Speed Junkie
    Looks like the crew had a great ride up at REM.

A few of us checked out some trails down in Soccoro on Sunday for some BC epic terrain. Started right off with a grind up the forest road to the summit then we decended. Managed to find the ridge and huge that for several miles across until we hit an old mining road turned DT/ST depending upon how the rocks have slid over the years. We all managed to decend back down to the camp ground just as the light was really starting to fade. By the time we reached the car it was dark. Great timing.

(Wish I would of had knobs home brew light in the pack for the ride)

banned
    Nice! The Sac could have given the tour for you there in Soccoro but he was busy

Here are a few more from SFSS

Brian

Dominique

..and our fearless leader

It was a beautiful ribbon of trail

With some techy bits

Group descent

..as for makachut

and be sure to wear some protection, ribbed for her pleasure of course

Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 11-03-2008 at 08:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Man that ride was killer!
    Crux, next time you haed down there shoot me a PM and I'll show you where the good stuff is, there are way better things to do than break your wrists riding down that "road"!
    "Show em how we do it in the 505, show up late and leave early!" -Pete

Thread Pollution

ganged B@^&

wasn't in the mood to do the bukake thing.even if it was a good ride

banned

tit for tat...

c'mon you know you like it

mtbr member
    looks like a helluva ride boys